Tonsil hits #100

slimjim28

I'm happy to report that Tonsil found his 100th cache today. I'm glad I was able to be present to see him hit triple digits. After starting towards the end of October 2002, he was knocking hard caches off let and right. Then he let both work and school get in the way of his caching. Some people have no caching dedication! *grin* At this point he hoovered in the 70's for awhile. I'm happy to report he is back in action and he is moving in high gear.

Congrats Tonsil!

Having been personally present for 14 of Tonsil's first 100 finds, I am glad that the number wasn't as high as what SlimJim28 witnessed... something like 70 shared finds, I'm guessing. Tonsil must emit some form of low-level radiation, because Jim and I are both losing our hair at an alarming rate... him more so than me. Interestingly, Tonsil is immune, he has a full head of hair and feathers. He's just a carrier of the dangerous allopecia radiation waves.

I will have to watch my hairline very carefully over the course of Tonsil's next 100 finds. Despite its physical effects on me, caching with Tonsil is a lot of fun and I've enjoyed sparring with him verbally in the forums, in our cache logs, in #geocache chat channel, and out on the trail. Congratulations for going over the century mark!

In honor of this momentous occasion, I will go to the pet store today for a new batch of six hamsters. Each will be placed in a nearby cache that Tonsil hasn't found yet, and each one will have a letter in Tonsil's name spray-painted onto its fur. An attached instruction card will disclose the location of the next furry letter carrier. Have fun gathering them up, Tonsil... it will be a hoot to see whether you get to hamster "L" in time!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Some mornings, it just doesn't pay to chew through the leather straps. - Emo Phillips

quote:
Originally posted by enfanta:

I was nowhere near Tonsil when he gathered his 100 caches...

And YOU still have a full head of hair! See what I mean? Just like I was saying.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Some mornings, it just doesn't pay to chew through the leather straps. - Emo Phillips

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Hey thanks everyone!!!

Lep - I'm afraid you must be suffering from the ill effects of the heavy water I use to fill my Camelbak. Nothing refreshes like deuterium... mmmm!! Since Jim turned me on to this

hobby / game / sport / obsession / cash vacuum, I have had a lot of great adventures and met some of the best people I know. Shout-outs to:

SlimJim28 for driving all over (and sometimes under) Creation not to mention finding a sizeable share of the caches we've done together,

The Leprechauns for mentoring me early on, giving me many tips and advice, insulting me regularly in IRC, and making the whole thing just that much more fun.

Quest Master for placing some of the best caches in the area. Do them, all of you!

GeorgeXXIII for showing me what not to do on a cache hunt.

All of the hard-working people that run this site - you put up with way more than you deserve.

Everyone on IRC, too numerous to name. I hope to meet you all someday in person, no matter how craftily you cloak your real identities... [insert creepy music here]

My brother-in-law for the discount hamsters.

Anyone that's placed a cache I have found.

I realize that by now 100 finds is no big deal to some of you, depending on where you live, people can pound that out in a week. But for me, it's been a series of great experiences, a bunch of excellent people, 2 incredible events, bitter cold, deep mud, a very wet Jeep, clouds of insects, scary illiterates with firearms, rain, very slick bridges, and bad roads. And I had fun the whole time! Thanks again, I can't wait to see what the next 100 brings!

------------------------------

Have you had your house checked for Rae Dawn Chong?