Garmin eTrex 20

ksamonkey

It should show up on your computer as a removable drive, just as if you had plugged in a jump drive. If it does not, then you'll have to go to the Settings and I believe it's the System settings (doing this by memory at work), and make sure that its mode is USB Mass Storage, instead of GPS mode.

Once you have that, you can drag/drop .gpx files into the Garmin unit's Garmin/GPX directory (I believe -- again going by memory -- but look around on the unit).

I haven't used pocket queries myself, but I believe they come in a .zip format. All you have to do is unzip them into the aforementioned directory, or unzip them somewhere else and drag/drop them onto the unit.

I've written a simple guide (with pictures!) about doing a Pocket Query and transferring the files to a Garmin GPS. You don't need the communicator plugin nor any other software; just your GPS, a USB cable and a PC/Mac.

The guide is written for Windows 7/8/10 but if you're using a Mac the process is much the same.

It's a PDF document which Windows will open. You can download it from the bottom of this page on my resource site.

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

UK Geocaching Policies Wiki

Geocaching.com Help Center

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website