Upload corrected coordinates to geocaching.com

Darick

I have solved a large GeoArt trail of puzzle caches using a combination of GSAK, Excel and a text editor. I have the corrected coordinates at the moment in Excel. Is there any way to get those corrected coordinates to geocaching.com, other than manually going to each cache page and pasting in the corrected coordinates?

I have been looking for answers and have several alternatives, but none of them actually get the corrected coordinates saved on geocaching.com like I want. If the answer is no, you can't upload corrected coordinates to geocaching.com, then just say so. I can figure out my own workaround from there.

Thanks for the help... happy caching!

I have solved a large GeoArt trail of puzzle caches using a combination of GSAK, Excel and a text editor. I have the corrected coordinates at the moment in Excel. Is there any way to get those corrected coordinates to geocaching.com, other than manually going to each cache page and pasting in the corrected coordinates?

I have been looking for answers and have several alternatives, but none of them actually get the corrected coordinates saved on geocaching.com like I want. If the answer is no, you can't upload corrected coordinates to geocaching.com, then just say so. I can figure out my own workaround from there.

Thanks for the help... happy caching!

If I'm understanding this, you found a string of caches where the coordinates were wrong, so you figured out what they all should be and you want to correct them on the website - Is that it?

If they're not your caches, then you can't correct them. Email your notes to the cache owner and let him or her decide what to do about it.

---- OR ----

If you want to record your idea of what they're supposed to be, add them into each cache page's "Personal Cache Note". YOU'LL see the note, but no one else will.

The only way you can change cords on someone else's cache page is in the case of a Puzzle/Mystery "Blue-Q" cache, and even then, ONLY YOU will see the 'correction'. There's a little pencil icon next to the cords on a Blue-Q cache page. Click that. Your change then shows up in italics.

--- OR ---

Did I get it wrong and you're talking about something else?

Edited by TeamRabbitRun

If I'm understanding this, you found a string of caches where the coordinates were wrong, so you figured out what they all should be and you want to correct them on the website - Is that it?

If they're not your caches, then you can't correct them. Email your notes to the cache owner and let him or her decide what to do about it.

---- OR ----

If you want to record your idea of what they're supposed to be, add them into each cache page's "Personal Cache Note". YOU'LL see the note, but no one else will.

The only way you can change cords on someone else's cache page is in the case of a Puzzle/Mystery "Blue-Q" cache, and even then, ONLY YOU will see the 'correction'. There's a little pencil icon next to the cords on a Blue-Q cache page. Click that. Your change then shows up in italics.

--- OR ---

Did I get it wrong and you're talking about something else?

Thanks for the quick reply... as stated, they are puzzle caches, a large GeoArt. I have solved all the puzzles and have the corrected coordinates in a spreadsheet. Generally when I solve a puzzle, I go to the page on geocaching.com and click the little pencil icon next to the coordinates and enter the corrected coordinates. In this case, since there are 130 puzzle cache pages to visit, this would be quite cumbersome and I was hoping for an easier way. Hope that helps clarify.

....in a spreadsheet. Generally when I solve a puzzle, I go to the page on geocaching.com and click the little pencil icon next to the coordinates and enter the corrected coordinates. In this case, since there are 130 puzzle cache pages to visit, this would be quite cumbersome and I was hoping for an easier way. Hope that helps clarify.

I'd save the spreadsheet file as a CSV and then use GPS Babel to turn that into a GPX which I'd load to my gps device.

I'm not aware of any automated route on Geocaching.com to do what you want. I believe it'll be one listing at a time....

This is a pretty old post but I discovered a way to upload all of the corrected coordinates from gsak to geocaching online. I installed this macro.

Note, you will need to add a corrected coordinates column and set all of the caches in the database to have the corrected coordinates flag (I had to use a separate macro to do this for all of the caches in the filter).

Once all of the corrected coordinate flags have been added, I click on "corrected coordinates" bar in gsak under "waypoint" and then choose the "CorrectedCoord2GCcom.gsk" at the bottom of the window as a post-load macro.

28 minutes ago, Forest-Ghost said:

Note, you will need to add a corrected coordinates column and set all of the caches in the database to have the corrected coordinates flag (I had to use a separate macro to do this for all of the caches in the filter).

The moment you correct the coordinates in GSAK the corrected coordinates flag is automatically set.

I never correct coordinates on GC as you get strange results using PQ's or importing caches via API. Doing all in GSAK avoids having coordinates corrected by an import from GC because then the corrected coordinates flag is not set.

10 minutes ago, Pikapene said:

But the cache pages remain unchanged. Help?

Have you set the corrected coordinates flag accordingly? The macro only works on caches with that flag been set.

Also: please read the macro's entire release thread - it' the manual. ? If in doubt - read again.

Hans

Have you set the corrected coordinates flag accordingly?

I have a geo-art where I have the 'corrected coords' in GSAK, but they are not marked as corrected. How can I set the is-corrected-flag for all the geocaches in the geo-art at once?