Want a PQ of All My Hides (Including Archived)

DudleyGrunt

Wondering if anyone has a solution I have missed.

How can you get a GPX file of all your hides (including archived), without having to individually download one for each cache? I'm looking to load it into a 3rd party app to search and run stats against.

The only other way I can see of doing this, at present, would be to build a Bookmark List of all your hides, or at least your archived hides, and then run a PQ off of that. Shouldn't there be a better way? Anther listing site I use offers this capability.

The new search tool will return archived caches if I search for my hides, but there is no way to save those results.

I would like to see them add a My Hides PQ like the special My Finds PQ.

Even if you don't know how, is this something you've ever wanted? Would you use it if offered?

Edited by DudleyGrunt

Wondering if anyone has a solution I have missed.

How can you get a GPX file of all your hides (including archived), without having to individually download one for each cache? I'm looking to load it into a 3rd party app to search and run stats against.

The only other way I can see of doing this, at present, would be to build a Bookmark List of all your hides, or at least your archived hides, and then run a PQ off of that. Shouldn't there be a better way? Anther listing site I use offers this capability.

The new search tool will return archived caches if I search for my hides, but there is no way to save those results.

I would like to see them add a My Hides PQ like the special My Finds PQ.

Even if you don't know how, is this something you've ever wanted? Would you use it if offered?

I asked for this exact feature several years ago. I am still waiting...

GSAK will do it...

I do want to load them to GSAK, but how would GSAK get my the caches for me.

I received another answer from Ian on Facebook, though.

In <<unauthorized app removed>> you can search caches by owner name, or tap the owner name in a log or cache description and select "caches hidden" in the popup. Hit "load more" until all are listed. Lastly, menu, export, gpx.

It seemed to work and I was able to send to email. I'm very excited.

Just tried to load that gpx file to GSAK and it acts like there are no caches in the file and doesn't load anything. URGH!

Edited by Markwell
edited to remove reference to unauthorized app

GSAK will do it...

Are you sure? I've never seen such a function, and couldn't find either a macro or even an API call that can do it.

V8.

Groundspeak.com access > Get Caches - Page 2 select Owned by add your name.

Haven't tried it. I only own one cache. :)

Nope.

I just tried that and can there's only an option for showing disabled caches on page one.

When I ran it with inserting our name in page 2, I only get my current caches.

GSAK will do it...

I do want to load them to GSAK, but how would GSAK get my the caches for me.

I received another answer from Ian on Facebook, though.

In <<unauthorized app removed>> you can search caches by owner name, or tap the owner name in a log or cache description and select "caches hidden" in the popup. Hit "load more" until all are listed. Lastly, menu, export, gpx.

It seemed to work and I was able to send to email. I'm very excited.

Just tried to load that gpx file to GSAK and it acts like there are no caches in the file and doesn't load anything. URGH!

I tried the c:geo technique again, but first selected all the caches and saved them offline before experting to a .gpx file and e-mailing it to myself. It worked pretty well, but a few things would be better if I could get a My Hides PQ from GC.com.

GSAK will do it...

Are you sure? I've never seen such a function, and couldn't find either a macro or even an API call that can do it.

V8.

Groundspeak.com access > Get Caches - Page 2 select Owned by add your name.

Haven't tried it. I only own one cache. :)

Nope.

I just tried that and can there's only an option for showing disabled caches on page one.

When I ran it with inserting our name in page 2, I only get my current caches.

If i am not mistaken the API don't return archived caches in searches.

But you can do it by in a few steps. by extracting the GC codes from a web page

1: Find all GC codes for your caches

Look at the source of the webpage http://www.geocaching.com/my/owned.aspx (ex right click and show source in firefox)

Select all and copy the code. The GC codes of your hides are there

2: Extract the codes

Use grep to extract only the codes for example http://www.online-utility.org/text/grep.jsp

Use the regular expression GC[0-9A-Z]+{2,6} and select Only Matching on the options.

Paste the html code into the text filed and press process text

The result is all your GC codes.

3 : Format the codes for GSAK

Use for example http://projects.lambry.com/findnreplace/ and replace \n with ,

Paste in the codes and run the replace. You have now a , separated list with GC codes

4: Import into GSAK

use get geocaches and GCXXXXX code format. Past the codes and all your caches will be downloaded.

You can now add the to a bookmark list for PQ generation on gc.com or create the GPX in GSAK

If you in the future add all your new caches to the bookmark list they will all be in the PQ.

If you have more the 1000 finds you have to use multiple bookmark list because the PQ from the only contains 1000 caches

I have no idea if the owned cache page is split in multiple pages if you have a lot of hides, it is one page for me with 127 hides. The the process has to be done for each page