Logs in Apps vs Web Site

4cycle

I submitted a new cache (GC63C63) yesterday (9/12/2015) and it was published at 8:29 PM. The first found logs occurred at 9:43 PM, 9:59 PM, 10:10 PM and 10:03 PM. On the website, the sequence of logs show correctly, the oldest being at the bottom and the rest in sequence towards to the top of the page.

However, on both he paid app and the free app on iPhone and Android phones the sequence of logs are different. Showing (starting from the bottom) Fount it, Fount it, Publish, Fount it, Fount it. See attached pic.

Why does it show as if it was found before it was published.

img-3081.png

That really and truly bugs me to death! You have to use either the app or the website to do your logs for the day--one or the other. If you try to use both, they won't be the in the right order. Even editing something on the website that you logged in the app changes the order. Very, very annoying.

This isn't logs that I did. I log my finds etc. using Geosphere. I don't know what the others who logged the case used.

It should not matter if you use the Geocaching app or the web etc. Logs should not appear before the cache is published.

I think it's a geocaching.com issue.

It should not matter if you use the Geocaching app or the web etc. Logs should not appear before the cache is published.

It's really part of the timestamp mess that has plagued the site forever. Apps just make it worse. One log is entered on the web site and receives a timestamp of noon of the date specified, Pacific Time Zone. Another log is entered with an app and receives whatever the current timestamp is in the local time zone. Then all timestamps are treated as equivalent to each other.

That really and truly bugs me to death! You have to use either the app or the website to do your logs for the day--one or the other. If you try to use both, they won't be the in the right order. Even editing something on the website that you logged in the app changes the order. Very, very annoying.

This isn't logs that I did. I log my finds etc. using Geosphere. I don't know what the others who logged the case used.

That sometimes happens due to Time Zones and the finders don't realise it or forget to select the correct date.

I routinely see logs entered with the date found 'Tomorrow' - we have some fast cachers here.... :)

New Zealanders ?? Not many are ahead of you guys. :D

Some software allows adjusting for timezones so it may just be a faulty setting (which is less serious than the long standing TZ error on GC.com).

Oooohhhh, interesting! That totally explains how our #900 got out of order. We took our picture with a little #900 sign and when logged, it wasn't in the right spot. No biggie to us, but I did wonder about it. Thanks for the info!

And I think we have the explanation in one of the posts above--something to do with time stamps. At least it's only for the day--you can log all on the website on a Monday and all on the app on a Tuesday, etc. and have the order come out right. Well...according to what's above, if you do the logs a true day apart.