My Find Count Is Off

SearchLine

You did not log a find on your own hidden cache, so it wouldn't be included in your finds. That's as it should be.

Your Geocaching Profile Statistics tab says 550 finds but the FindStatGen output that you added on your main Profile tab says 551 finds on 550 unique geocaches. This suggests that either (1) you've included your hidden cache in your GSAK finds database, or (2) one of the caches in your GSAK finds database has two found-it logs, even though there is only one found-it log online. The second scenario can happen if you deleted a duplicate online but did not synch up your GSAK database by deleting the log there as well.

You can easily search in GSAK to discover which cache has the extra found-it log. In your "My Finds" database, search for caches with a "find" count greater than 1.

Hopefully this Topic is still being watched because I have a problem in the same area. My problem is that the number of Finds generated by My Finds is less than the number of Finds shown in my Profile. I've picked up references to fixing glitches such as duplicated logs but but without specific methods for fixing. Can anyone suggest actual ways I can find the discrepancy, please?

Amendment - I've been reminded by the 'better half' of Dicksontwo that we had lab caches finds more than two years ago (I have problems with last week!). Rechecking Forums, it seems pretty clear that they are not included when My Finds is generated but they are included in the Profile number of Finds. Also, they have to be added to GSAK, which will be possible only if the Finder is aware of the need and retains the requisite information. It would be a comfort if all this could be confirmed or corrected - someone - please.

Edited by Dicksontwo

Hopefully this Topic is still being watched because I have a problem in the same area. My problem is that the number of Finds generated by My Finds is less than the number of Finds shown in my Profile. I've picked up references to fixing glitches such as duplicated logs but but without specific methods for fixing. Can anyone suggest actual ways I can find the discrepancy, please?

Amendment - I've been reminded by the 'better half' of Dicksontwo that we had lab caches finds more than two years ago (I have problems with last week!). Rechecking Forums, it seems pretty clear that they are not included when My Finds is generated but they are included in the Profile number of Finds. Also, they have to be added to GSAK, which will be possible only if the Finder is aware of the need and retains the requisite information. It would be a comfort if all this could be confirmed or corrected - someone - please.

his should be easy, run the MyFinds pocket query and import that into GSAK. Your count in GSAK should then equal your finds on your profile.

Lab caches can be quickly checked as there are not many of them should they be the problem.

If you filter by type in GSAK you can see which cachetype has different founds online.

It would be a comfort if all this could be confirmed or corrected - someone - please.

I see from your public profile that you have found 10 lab caches.

If a find count discrepancy still remains, then run a GSAK "search" with a "filter" using the "Other" tab that checks where "My Found Count" is "Greater than or equal to" the number "2". That should produce a list of all the caches where you have logged two or more "Found its." At that point, it should be fairly easy to go back onto geocaching.com and manually search those caches for excess find logs.

Thank you for your contributions, on4bam and Canadian Rockies. I am feeling a bit silly for totally overlooked searching by type (although in my case I didn't add them manually to GSAK at the time and now can't get hold of the data) or even looked at my public profile. To confirm for the benefit of others (a) lab caches are not included in My Finds queries but (B) they are included in Finds in Profile and © that can be confirmed in GSAK by comparing My Finds with Profile Finds and any lab caches appearing there.

1 hour ago, travelnbhappy21 said:

We have one found count of 2 which is why our stats are off.   I deleted the duplicate log in geocaching, ran a new query, uploaded and the found count for that cache is still at 2.  How do I make it one less in GSAK?

Try this: With the cache which has the fcount of 2 highlighted... "Geocaching.com Access" -> "Refresh Cache Data".

If that doesn't work, delete it from GSAK, and get it again via "Geocaching.com Access" -> "Get Geocaches" -> "GCXXXX Code"

Edited by skramble
elaboration

You can alos right click on that cache, select "Delete logs..." and find your two logs and delete both of them, then refresh the cache with the API/GPX from the cache page and you should be good.  The problem is GSAK has no way to know when you delete a log on GC.com, so it will still show both logs.  If you delete one on GC and one in GSAK you might not delete the same one both places, so it best if you delete both. 

11 hours ago, travelnbhappy21 said:

We have one found count of 2 which is why our stats are off.   I deleted the duplicate log in geocaching, ran a new query, uploaded and the found count for that cache is still at 2.  How do I make it one less in GSAK?

Others have explained how to fix this -- just wanted to point out that whatever you do on the website doesn't automatically fix your GSAK database.  GSAK updates its databases by adding more information from GPX files.  It normally doesn't remove logs that have already been added to the database unless you specifically go in and tell it to do so.

I hate to resurrect this one again, but I'm running into this problem, too.  In my case, I am working on setting GSAK back up after having been out of things for a long time due to stuff.  The result is that I have downloaded the My Finds PQ from the site and imported it, but after doing so the website currently shows one more find than GSAK did.  It did show five more finds than GSAK, but I found four of the five caches that appear to have been logged twice.  Problem is, despite having been through the pocket query a couple of times, I can't seem to find the last dupe.  Any thoughts on how best to do this?