Field Puzzle attribute doesn't appear for Letterbox hybrid

Mickey4jes

I can't add a field puzzle attribute to a letterbox hybrid cache.

Also, the user can't change the coordinates in the website if the coordinates for a letterbox hybrid or a Wherigo. I think several letterbox hybrid caches use field puzzle type clues like a letterbox would (but not all do! Some just have a stamp), so I find it strange that this attribute isn't available. I have a lot of people making guesses on my letterbox hybrid cache instead of going to the location and would like the attribute to make it clear that you need to go to the icon to gather the clues. Plus my container is a puzzle box!

I don't think this was always the case, as http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC3MVRT_the-palace has a field puzzle icon.

Interesting, there's always been somewhat spotty availability of attributes. This does seem odd though and you're right, it used to be available on LBH.

Some hiccup in an site update I suppose.

I'd ask a reviewer to do this - email the publishing reviewer, and explain that your LBH needs the Field Puzzle attribute.

They'd have to momentarily alter the cache type to Mystery, add the Field Puzzle, then change the type back to LBH.

Field Puzzle attribute still not available for Wherigo or LBH. 

Solution is still the same.  Pre-publication, change the type, add the attribute, change it back. The cache page will lose all physical waypoints on changing type. So first, change any stages to Reference, then after change back.  You cannot salvage your Final waypoint, it's  going to be gone on cache type change.  

If the cache is already published, then you'll need to ask a reviewer to do this, though if you've added a Field Puzzle to something that didn't have one previously, you could archive it and start over with a new cache.  

• Helpful 2