Geocac Benchmark Project

Gungadoy

Someone just told me about this geocache and the Florida Geocac Benchmark Project. Apparently it's been around for a few years but I can't seem to find it in the NGS database for Florida or several states I checked. Maybe the plans never moved forward. I'll have to make a road trip from S. Florida to visit this one. The waymark code is WM5W84.

Has anyone else heard of or seen these benchmarks in their state?

Edited by Gungadoy

I wonder what happened to the other 48 states in the project? And too bad the Florida benchmark never made it into the NGS database. I'm going to contact the geocache CO and see what they say.

Unfortunately, GEO*Trailblazer 1 - the person who organized the overall project & had the GEOCAC benchmarks made - passed away a few years ago...

I wonder what happened to the other 48 states in the project? And too bad the Florida benchmark never made it into the NGS database. I'm going to contact the geocache CO and see what they say.

Unfortunately, GEO*Trailblazer 1 - the person who organized the overall project & had the GEOCAC benchmarks made - passed away a few years ago...

I did not know about GEO passing away.... He was a great ole' boy. I have missed him being around.

The following is in honor of him from one of our now archived LCs from somewhere else....

GEO*TRAILBLAZER ! United States / Missouri / Cassville Last Visit: 10/29/2008 21452964934202fb7771ff3.jpg?ticks=635779120656077390 UCR:10.49 Joined: 2/4/2005 certifiedterracache.pnghighmce.png Found it! United States Missouri N 36º 36.405' / W 93º 48.603' 7/21/2006

Ok here is my unusual Topper.

This is our original Can-O-Beans.

We could not wait to let someone else find it us poor Ole Hillbillies get mighty hungry.Greg a good friend of mine and I are in a movie named the

"CAVE OF GOLD".

The legend comes from the canyon to the east of this location.

This flagpole will be in the movie.

The Movie will be released soon.

Any how I thought this would be one of the most unusual and funniest logs you get on this one.

You know me had to make it fun and unusual.

The required GPS readable reading at the Cedar Flagpole.

195113593_77ceb293c1.jpg

This is my buddy Greg with my GPS at the flagpole.

195029613_2309ed3501.jpg

Well I guess you want to see me there with my GPS.

195029615_124f3b65ab.jpg

OK Greg you can have the Can-O-Beans.

195029614_9c46ebc416.jpg

Thanks for the interesting and memorable Terracache.

He was a great guy....

Shirley~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~