Monmouth County

Faderaven

Then let it rest and go ahead and place your cache. So far, we've been pretty lucky in NJ with the authorities ignoring our sport. Lets not force them take a stand, because experience shows that they usually take a stand against it, or place so many restrictions that it takes the fun out if it.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on its hind legs, but by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" -Max Beerbohm

[This message was edited by BrianSnat on November 04, 2002 at 05:17 AM.]

I would think that if one respects the area, why bring up the issue. Once the issue of permission is raised, it sometimes gets addressed. Sometimes denied. I certainly think that a small plastic container out of the way is pretty harmless. Caching is actually good and gets people interested in areas and gets them outdoors. I would rather see a bunch of cachers out on my property before most other groups.

I guess the original days of the ammo box are going away. Its a shame because they are great cache boxes. I am sort of drifting towards empty caches. Certainly the younger crowd loves to find some goodies and I think that is good.

Yo Yo Ma