Adding Photos to a Found it log

MrBirder

A geocache I found just needs a photo of the geocache with myself or GPS in photo. How do I add a photo to a "Found it" log?

Thanks,

MrBirder

Most COS don't like a photo of the cache itself posted, since it's a bit of a spoiler. Some will delete those photos.

However, many welcome photos of the general area, etc. You need to have a digital image in your computer or phone. Then click the picture symbol and upload.

Edited by wmpastor

Peeked and noticed you've done all traditionals.

Additional logging requirements (photos is one) haven't been allowed in some time.

But, to answer your question, Upload Images is on the bottom right of your log.

Although the OP may have only logged cacheswith a physical container, such as traditionals, a photo requirement is often seen with earthcaches (where the photos must be considered optional and logs cannot be deleted if they are not included) and virtuals (photo requirements are valid).

There are a few quirks. I have encountered problems in viewing portrait orientation photos (both my own and those of others) from the cache page or a cacher's gallery. Even though photos were correctly rotated when uploaded and viewed at full size, they are distorted when viewed through the popup window on the cache page or thumbnail on the gallery. If this bothers you, it is solved by reducing the size of the photos before uploading. But in general, as has been explained, it is an easy process.

Edited by geodarts

Peeked and noticed you've done all traditionals.

Additional logging requirements (photos is one) haven't been allowed in some time.

But, to answer your question, Upload Images is on the bottom right of your log.

Although the OP may have only logged cacheswith a physical container, such as traditionals, a photo requirement is often seen with earthcaches (where the photos must be considered optional and logs cannot be deleted if they are not included) and virtuals (photo requirements are valid).

There are a few quirks. I have encountered problems in viewing portrait orientation photos (both my own and those of others) from the cache page or a cacher's gallery. Even though photos were correctly rotated when uploaded and viewed at full size, they are distorted when viewed through the popup window on the cache page or thumbnail on the gallery. If this bothers you, it is solved by reducing the size of the photos before uploading. But in general, as has been explained, it is an easy process.

Greetings,

Thanks for info, must add, this was a Virtual Cache, so a photo was a requirement. (Even tho one of my "didn't finds", could use a photo!

I found where after the post a photo could be added. Thanks again

MrBirder