Getting caches approved in Pennsylvania?

edscott

Anyone else getting the runaround regarding new cache approval in Pennsylvania? I see other new ones approved each day, yet mine is not even worthy of a response since it was put out 5 days ago. It was archived in late June because it was not unique enough to be a virtual, so it was changed to a two part.. one virtual, one real, supposedly to satisfy that problem. Now there has been nothing but silence. I feel that to put out caches is a personal responsibility in return for the efforts by others to make our adventures, but this experience has soured me on the whole idea. edscott

Ed, I checked for you and I don't see anything listed for you in the queue waiting to be approved. As a matter of fact, there is only one cache in the whole state of PA waiting.

Did you submit a new cache or rework your old cache? If you changed your old cache, you need to send the approver an email. Make sure you mention the url or the gc# of the cache. If you don't email her, she has no way of knowing you changed the cache. If it was a new cache, did you get an email confirming it was actually submitted? If it's listed on your cache page, you are more then welcome to email me the url through my profile and i will check on it's progress for you.

I know the frustration you're feeling. I went out and spent about two-three hours collecting info for 2 virtuals and then both were shot down. It was a humbling experience. One, I completely messed up because it was a commercial establishment in Carlisle, PA that we all think of as a cultural landmark. However, it clearly violates virtual rules against commercial establishments. The second one, deals with a historic marker and was archived because it was easy to find the answer on the net and wasn't "special." I'm working on retooling this one. Anyway, point of the story is, I've decided to leave virtuals alone and concentrate on traditionals. icon_wink.gif There are fewer rules and the test that the approver applies to your cache is not subjective as is the case with virtuals.

There is quit a lengthy archival note on the cache page. Did you email the approver to address their concerns? If you did , did you reply to the email or use the geoaching wesbite. If you replied to the archival note email they would not have recieved your reply.

quote:
Originally posted by edscott:

Hey!! at least you were given a reason. I got no response at all. Mine is a multi and only part one is virtual. Check out what you think of it. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=75517<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

-------------------------------------

Hope is the destination that we seek.

Love is the road that leads to hope.

Courage is the motor that drives us.

We travel out of darkness into faith.

-=The Book Of Counted Sorrows=-

Nothing to see here, folks... move along....

I am working with this geocacher and Berks County can expect to celebrate the birth of a brand new baby multicache any time now. I just need to verify the coordinates for the final cache box and am waiting for the hider to send them to me.

This hider took an archived virtual cache submission and turned it into a pretty neat cache hunt with a little math test thrown in for good measure. We do encourage folks to use information from a possible virtual cache subject as the basis for a clue to find a traditional cache.

--------------------

Saving the day and approving all the caches... before bedtime!