Pushing the boundaries

taustinsabel

I am plotting a Goonies themed geocache, the final stage which leads to an under the stairs (outdoor) hatch accessible from the sidewalk. Said hatch is small - a 10 year old would have to crouch once opening the door. Inside the area is a dirt floor and old poured concrete resembling tiers, like a small altar. Initially I had plans to place a treasure chest at the top tier of this little enclosed space. That "cache" is still an option. But the property owner, in hearing this idea, he suggested sprucing the enclosure itself. So once you crouch inside you see a pirate flag, spilled jewels, etc. So my question - CAN THE SPACE ITSELF COUNT AS THE CACHE? The owner said I could stencil the stone wall with the logo. Therefore you actually enter the cache. Seems I have heard of something like this before. Is it within guidelines this idea?

So my question - CAN THE SPACE ITSELF COUNT AS THE CACHE? The owner said I could stencil the stone wall with the logo. Therefore you actually enter the cache. Seems I have heard of something like this before.

We've been "into" caches like that before. One was accessible by opening a door and go into a 6x2m room (old storage room) of a church. I fact, the theme was also an old ship's story with (plastic :( ) gold coins etc...

List it's size as "not chosen" (and surprise people) or "large".