Fake Geocacher

TheRichFather

Why can't GS tighten up on this - demand email certification on new accounts or a captcha security thingie on all finds? Come on - I got 7 new fake finds today - very annoying!

I am sure all geocachers would just love to have a "captcha security thingie on all finds" every time they log a find :unsure:

Why can't GS tighten up on this - demand email certification on new accounts or a captcha security thingie on all finds? Come on - I got 7 new fake finds today - very annoying!

I am sure all geocachers would just love to have a "captcha security thingie on all finds" every time they log a find :unsure:

Of course, e-mail certification of new accounts would resolve the problem...

No, it wouldn't. I'm not going to go into the nuts and bolts of how this jerk (or jerks) is/are doing what they're doing. But email certification wouldn't completely solve the problem.

FWIW, our folks are taking this very seriously. We know it's annoying (believe me, it's annoying for us, too), and we're working to address it.

No, it wouldn't. I'm not going to go into the nuts and bolts of how this jerk (or jerks) is/are doing what they're doing. But email certification wouldn't completely solve the problem.

It would however resolve another problem of people routinely trashing caches and then posting nasty logs, with no way of stopping them!

It would however resolve another problem of people routinely trashing caches and then posting nasty logs, with no way of stopping them!

Making all of my listings PMO has worked wonders for my listings by weeding out the intro app users and NVM's. :rolleyes:

As long as the logging API will fill in the captcha then not a problem :rolleyes: