TFTC

Gill & Tony

I've just had someone log some of my caches with just TFTC logs. One was an earthcache and the answers were duly sent. I managed to resist the temptation to reply with TFTA.

Because the finder is a noob that just joined a couple of weeks ago and only has 19 finds, I would just let that one slide. B)

Maybe you could use the new messaging center to contact them and explain proper earthcache logging etiquette? :anibad:

I've just had someone log some of my caches with just TFTC logs. One was an earthcache and the answers were duly sent. I managed to resist the temptation to reply with TFTA.

This one made me literally lol. In fairness though, I used TFTC at first because I saw it everywhere and thought that's what I was supposed to put. Now I do better, but TFTC isn't wrong, even if it seems inadequate to some cache owners. It's not like it's a rule to have to write appreciative logs; it's just a nice thing to do.

My absolute favorite is when a seasoned geocacher finds one of my Earthcaches and says "Your cache is #xxxx of xxxxxx caches found today. Great hide. TNLNSL TFTC."

<delete log>

<send email>

"Hello ItsAllAboutTheNumbersCacher,

It seems that you inadvertently logged my EarthCache "Awesome Geological Feature" as a find. You stated in your log that you signed the log, but EarthCaches do not have physical logs. You also stated that it was a "great hide", but the awesome geological feature can be clearly seen from miles away and isn't hidden at all. I have to assume you meant to log a different cache and accidentally logged mine instead. I've gone ahead and deleted your accidental log to save you the time.

Happy caching!"

I believe an email was sent so even if the online log is not a great one or does not make sense, they did do the cache and provided the answers to log the Earth Cache so if the answers in the email or correct then they should get credit for the find.

The one I hate is "That's one more for me". I was wondering why I was getting so many logs like this until someone told me this was a default find log in one the cell phone apps. :)

As long as the finder is posting something in the online log, why get nitpicky about it. Not everybody can come up with the fancy shmancy words you want.

If there was something special that the finder saw there they would say so maybe. But what one sees another may not. SL TFTC I am not a newbie and at times that is all I may be willing to say. Get over yourself.

As long as the finder is posting something in the online log, why get nitpicky about it. Not everybody can come up with the fancy shmancy words you want.

If there was something special that the finder saw there they would say so maybe. But what one sees another may not. SL TFTC I am not a newbie and at times that is all I may be willing to say. Get over yourself.

Get over myself?

I posted what, to me, seemed to be a mildly amusing thought. Reply to TFTC with TFTA. If you actually read the OP you will notice that I didn't do it - I just thought it mildly amusing and wanted to share it here.

Some folk need to buy a sense of humour.

There has been one hell of a lot of BPM about this topic with many different titles. Far too many people gripe about not enough stuff said in the online logs. SL TFTC, TFTC should be good enough. We are not in this game to get high accolades for our hides. Be that Earthcache or traditional or any of the others. When people write great stuff, cool thank you. When they say little.

I say so what, they say what they say.

We are not in this game to get high accolades for our hides.

I think some people set up caches in order to get high accolades. And I'm perfectly find with that. It only concerns me when they allow those logs that don't provide those high accolades to eclipse the satisfaction of a job well done.

Either way SL TFTC. Is OK, what do you say when you see that?

Thank you for visiting. Geeze sometimes I have seen only a smiley face.

All that Groundspeak requires is that you write something on the online

Log. They do not care what, other than no evil stuff or cursing.

One of these days I will go find a knowschad hide. I will sign the log.

Grunt ugh phttt ahhhh. Personal joke, he knows.

Sometimes I write a lot. Sometimes I write TFTC. It really depends on how good the cache is. If it's just a P&G, I'm not going to go on and on about it. Better caches that catch my attention will naturally get a better response from me. Want good reviews, make good caches. (This is coming from someone with 0 hides so it's just my opinion.)

Either way SL TFTC. Is OK, what do you say when you see that?

Thank you for visiting. Geeze sometimes I have seen only a smiley face.

All that Groundspeak requires is that you write something on the online

Log.

And that's what's led to a lot of people treating the online log as just an obligatory step one must do in order to get credit for a find rather than a place to share ones experience.

Personally, I don't know why people are in this game, so I don't attempt to speak for every cache owner and tell everyone what is and what isn't okay. If a TFTC log doesn't bother you that's fine, but please don't speak for me or anyone else regarding what types of logs we'd prefer to see posted on caches we hide.

Sometimes I write a lot. Sometimes I write TFTC. It really depends on how good the cache is. If it's just a P&G, I'm not going to go on and on about it. Better caches that catch my attention will naturally get a better response from me. Want good reviews, make good caches. (This is coming from someone with 0 hides so it's just my opinion.)

Exactly. Except I never write TFTC but a whole sentence, even in the unlikely event we find a micro behind an utility pole (which we avoid or ignore).

Want good reviews, make good caches.

I look at it from the other direction. Want good caches? Show some appreciation to those that place them.

Placing a good cache is no guarantee that it won't receive a fair amount of TFTC only logs. I could show dozens of caches listings that have lots of logs which make a pretty convincing case that the cache is above average, yet still have a bunch of TFTC logs or something similar that gives no indication whatsoever that the finder enjoyed the cache.

What bothers me even more are the long-winded logs covering pages of information that has nothing to do with my cache, and are obviously cut and paste jobs.

Exactly. Except I never write TFTC but a whole sentence, even in the unlikely event we find a micro behind an utility pole (which we avoid or ignore).

I will mention concerns in my log but i rarely say outright that i think a cache is horrible. On the other hand, it's pretty easy to tell what i thought about a cache by looking at the length of my log. The shorter the log, the lousier i think the cache was. The cache has to be really really lame, my opinion of course, for me to even think about using tftc.

Meh! I don't really care how brief the comment is, just pleased that someone found it. I'm guilty myself of very brief "found it" logs. As an example, how would you respond to this description: " Seen this new Park and Ride location and just had to hide a cache in it! Easy grab n go :)" Ignoring the the lack of grammatical correctness, it was a LPC. Does that deserve anything more than a TFTC? I actually used QF, for "quick find".

What bothers me even more are the long-winded logs covering pages of information that has nothing to do with my cache, and are obviously cut and paste jobs.

According to your profile you've hidden 4 caches.

The most found of those 4 has 20 found logs.

None of the logs had pages of information about anything.

Where's the problem?

According to your profile you've hidden 4 caches.

The most found of those 4 has 20 found logs.

None of the logs had pages of information about anything.

Where's the problem?

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by on4bam