Found a cache that hasn't been logged in almost 2 years!

refriedhippie

It's been 19 months and one recent DNF since this cache was found. It was a small hike down an over grown highway. There was a "hobo mattress" within site of the cache. A few people posted about no trespassing signs but the cache was in good shape with a good amount of swag! Just goes to show that even the impossible caches can be successful! :)

http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC1G5YT_highway-view?guid=59cfa7e5-0b22-44a6-9116-095eebe52fd9

It's been 19 months and one recent DNF since this cache was found. It was a small hike down an over grown highway. There was a "hobo mattress" within site of the cache. A few people posted about no trespassing signs but the cache was in good shape with a good amount of swag! Just goes to show that even the impossible caches can be successful! :)

http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC1G5YT_highway-view?guid=59cfa7e5-0b22-44a6-9116-095eebe52fd9

So.....there were no trespassing signs or there weren't? Because if there were, the cache should be archived whether it's there and in good shape or not. Just because the cache is located on the other side of the "private property" signs, doesn't necessarily mean that the cache owner got permission to put that cache on private property. It also doesn't mean you're free to trespass. If it were me, and I saw signs like that, I'd turn right around and go find a different cache.

On the other hand, if it's not on private property, great job! You found a lonely cache! Or at least that's what we refer to them as in my area. I like seeking out seldom found caches as it's a rewarding feeling to find something that has not been found for months or years.

So.....there were no trespassing signs or there weren't? Because if there were, the cache should be archived whether it's there and in good shape or not. Just because the cache is located on the other side of the "private property" signs, doesn't necessarily mean that the cache owner got permission to put that cache on private property. It also doesn't mean you're free to trespass. If it were me, and I saw signs like that, I'd turn right around and go find a different cache.

On the other hand, if it's not on private property, great job! You found a lonely cache! Or at least that's what we refer to them as in my area. I like seeking out seldom found caches as it's a rewarding feeling to find something that has not been found for months or years.

I can't confirm the sign since I honestly don't remember seeing one.

Congratulations on the find.

On the topic of "no trespassing", it seems (at least in ID) that if fence posts are spray painted orange, that also means "no trespassing". That was certainly something new to me.

I generally work on a fence meaning no trespassing but do they really expect people to just know about the orange paint thing?

CONGRATS! That's really cool! I keep meaning to make a list of lonely caches and go looking for them.

On the topic of "no trespassing", it seems (at least in ID) that if fence posts are spray painted orange, that also means "no trespassing". That was certainly something new to me.

That's come up here before (I think it has been years) but that would be a state law. True for some states, not for all. (state trespass laws)

Nice link, but Minnesota's is far more detailed than that. If the land is agricultural in any way, no need to post signage. There can also be old crop residue, no signs needed. Trespass absolutely forbidden unless given written

Permission. You might see woods with barbed wire fence around it. Darn good possibility, agricultural land. I personally have placed trespassers under arrest at the end of my shotgun. Had to they refused to unload thiers and leave.

I came upon a "no Trespassing" sign warning that it was U. S. Government property and was closed due to fire danger. It even cited to a provision of the California Penal Code relative to defacing signs. However the proper citation would have been to the United States Code or Code of Federal Regulations and I was pretty sure there was no federal property in the area. Mountain Conservancy Recreation Area rangers took it down, but wouldn't let me keep it as a prize.