NJ: Morris County Statistics

orange

I have recently spent a bit of time manually creating some Morris County geocaching statistics. (Finder only at this time.)

If you would like to see the top finders of Morris County caches or know how many finds Morris County caches have then feel free to check it out at

this location.

I only counted traditional, mystery, and multi caches that are in Morris County. I did not count members only caches or virtuals. There are 64 caches in Morris County that fit this criteria as of 11/5/03 and no one has found them all. I now have added these to my watch list and hope to keep my counts updated through the watch notifications.

I really miss the old stat site even though I would no longer be in the top 25 NJ cachers. I miss some sort of comparitive info. I miss it so much that I decided to create some at a very local level. But I wish I still could see NJ finders state wide.

I hope to update these numbers at the begining of each month with the numbers from the prior month.

Let me know here or via email if you would like me to continue to share this info on a monthly basis.

nice job. to answer your question about the fact that skully cant log finds on hides own caches which gives bp an advantage... why not just rank it as percentage? if there are 100 caches and skully has hid 20, and found 60, then 60 of 80 potential caches would mean he's found 75%, whereas if BP has also found 60, then he would only have found 60%. simple right? only its a tad bit of work i imagine.

Great job on this Orange! Of course I'm a little biased since I live in Morris County. I told the girls about your e-mail to me a couple of weeks ago and they were waiting to see what it was all about. They were very excited to see the links from this post.

I was wondering where you were going with this when you asked me if my "Recycled Cache" was in Morris or Sussex. Again - great job!!!

nice job. to answer your question about the fact that skully cant log finds on hides own caches which gives bp an advantage... why not just rank it as percentage?

Actually I was thinking of doing that. It may be done when I update for November.

I was busy counting some more open caches and now have 77 Morris County caches that will be listed in next update. Hopefully I will update first week of December for stats thru Nov. 30.

The November stats are now posted. I have now factored in the hides too.

77 active caches in Morris County.

I changed the Top Finders to a Top Cachers of Morris County and this makes Skully & Mulder et al. the Top Cacher of Morris County. They are only missing 4 of the 77 caches I am counting. Check it out here.

Note to Brian: You have now jumped over Stayfloopy due to your 18 hides.