which app is best?

I have Groundspeaks app and CacheSense installed on my android phone. I prefer to use CacheSense but sometimes it drives me nuts when it takes forever to populate the nearest caches. I don't use the compass feature for either app often but I much prefer the CS compass over Groundspeaks.

The one thing the GS app does well, for me, is load up the nearby caches quickly. I just prefer CacheSense's field notes logging, so that's why I use it more.

This forum is for Bug Reports and Feature Discussions for Groundspeak's Android app, not for discussion of Android apps in general.

FWIW, here's the thread I started in the API forum about suggestions for Android apps:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=329590

Oops, sorry. Thought I was in the right place. Thanks for the info! Lots of good info on your thread. What's API anyway??

I have Groundspeaks app and CacheSense installed on my android phone. I prefer to use CacheSense but sometimes it drives me nuts when it takes forever to populate the nearest caches. I don't use the compass feature for either app often but I much prefer the CS compass over Groundspeaks.

The one thing the GS app does well, for me, is load up the nearby caches quickly. I just prefer CacheSense's field notes logging, so that's why I use it more.

Thanks for the info! What compass do you use, then? It seems the GS app doesn't show the map in the right direction, if that makes sense. On the iPhone app I can switch it to real map time. No idea if that is explaining what I am TRYING to say. Haha!

What's API anyway??
API is an abbreviation for Application Programming Interface. It's a defined way for software applications to communicate with each other, with servers, and with other software systems. In this case, it refers to the way that geocaching applications can communicate with the geocaching.com servers to obtain geocache data, to post logs, to post field notes, etc.
What's API anyway??
API is an abbreviation for Application Programming Interface. It's a defined way for software applications to communicate with each other, with servers, and with other software systems. In this case, it refers to the way that geocaching applications can communicate with the geocaching.com servers to obtain geocache data, to post logs, to post field notes, etc.

Oh okay, thanks for the info! Now I'll know what I'm reading about.

Just switched from iPhone to Android (cheaper/month from verizon), but now I have to figure out if I want to get the geo.com app again (as I already paid for the app on the iphone). Thanks for the post

I decided to stick with the Android this time around. Yeah, it's a bummer that you pay for it once with the iPhone and I guess have to pay for it again. It's a good app and it'd be worth it, though.

I run several different apps for several different purposes on my android.

Cgeo is what I use for multi and other caches where I expect to set waypoints in the field. However allowing a cache in only one list and not handling large number of caches in a list it flops.

For general caching gcdroid has great api integration and the best live map capability I have seen provided there is wireless coverage. It also has dropbox integration which has been very helpful with gsak.

A:drake has worked well for me.

Gdak is still on my phone.

Cachesense was not scratching my itch but the author was very reaponsive.

Good luck.