Building cartridge using Ranger Fox

GerIRL

I'm doing a Wherigo cache cartridge for the upcoming Mega event on Sep 12 in Waterloo Village, NJ. The cartridge is a simple 4 question + final location. I'm using the multiple choice option which prompts you to select 1 from 3 choices. I tested it last night around the block where I live, and while question 1 works fine, when I navigate to the location for question 2, it gives an "Incorrect" message to all 3 choices including the correct choice. The "correct answer" radio button is checked in the cartridge editor. I tried deleting and reinserting the stage, and moving the correct response from the middle choice to the top choice, and it still won't accept the correct answer. I'm testing on an Oregon 450 running FW 6.60. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

I looked through your cartridge. The answer is it's something lost in translation when being "encrypted". Did you import this from Kit to Urwigo or Earwigo?

The cartridge as output by Kit works properly. The cartridge you're using to test, though, has some text encryption within it. I did offer encryption on Kit for a very short time, so it's possible you created this cartridge during that time period. I removed the encryption because I didn't have enough time to deal with all the issues that came up when encrypting for non-English and non-alphanumeric characters.

Anyway, whatever you used to generate the encryption doesn't like the dollar sign. If you remove it, it'll work.

Firstly, a big thanks to Ranger Fox for the prompt investigation and answer.

Next, as you predicted, removing the $ (dollar sign) from the possible responses did the trick - the cartridge now completes, and doesn't hang up on the question where $ was included in the answers.

FWIW - I typed up the verbiage for the cartridge using a text editor (EditPad Lite - http://www.editpadlite.com/ ) as I didn't want to use Microsoft Word. I remember that last year, using Word introduced some problematic characters. I did not use Urwigo or Earwigo for anything. I only used the Ranger Fox kit and copied/pasted the text from EditPad into the kit editor, and then published to the Wherigo site. I didn't encrypt anything.

In any event, thanks again for both providing the Ranger Fox kit, which is very easy to use, and for providing the support for it. If anyone is planning on being in northern NJ on Sep 12, feel free to stop by for the 2015 MEtro GAthering http://coord.info/GC5KCTB . I'll be manning the GPS pin game!