Missing trackable

Rogers113

Upset father, my son started his own trackable called “Soccer Todd”. He was excited about watching it travel all over the place. But on 7/29/2014 CacheMami found it and never have seen it again. On 8/08/2014 I reported it missing after trying to contact him wit out any reply. Then on 8/16/2014 I get this logged on the site “Danke für's Zeigen!” translated as “thanks for the show”. Three times. I have contacted him three time by email with no return. Is there anything that can be done from here or has my son learned a lesson about misguided people? :(

Upset father, my son started his own trackable called “Soccer Todd”. He was excited about watching it travel all over the place. But on 7/29/2014 CacheMami found it and never have seen it again. On 8/08/2014 I reported it missing after trying to contact him wit out any reply. Then on 8/16/2014 I get this logged on the site “Danke für's Zeigen!” translated as “thanks for the show”. Three times. I have contacted him three time by email with no return. Is there anything that can be done from here or has my son learned a lesson about misguided people? :(

The "discoveries" mention seeing the TB tracking number online or in "The Gallery". There is or was a photo of the Tracking Number, and there are cachers who enjoy logging that they saw a number somewhere. The person who says they took it, never logged the Retrieval. It looks to me that the only real log is the one you made (placing it into a cache).

When you place a TB, it's in the wind. You never know what surprises await. The uncertainty is part of the fun. Enjoy! :anibad:

The good news is, you may revive your son's TB in any of a number of fun ways, and get it back in play: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=313739&view=findpost&p=5287974

Edited by kunarion

The person to contact about the TB is KerryJ14, who logged on the cache that they took the trackable. But like Ku said, they didn't properly log it out of the cache. Their profile is here: http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=8a80f964-f947-4c65-9ed3-49360b5b3143

They last logged a cache in March 2015. It's hard to say if they still have the TB or not.

You could send them a polite message saying you're looking for it and asking if they still have it, and if they do, please let you know. I give you about a 10% chance of success on that.

You can use the copy tag that came with your TB to re-launch a new gizmo using the same code. Either attach the copy tag, or make your own "don't keep me! Drop me in a new cache ASAP" instruction tag.