Souvenir sorting

magikweis

Hi there,

can the souvenirs be sorted somehow, please? Either manually (perfect) or automatically.

Currently it looks like a mess. I had to look around for the Roadtrip souvenirs this time.

Ideally they are / or can be sorted by type, event-series (like the currently Roadtrip) or by country ...

Cheers,

magikweis

I support this feature request!

I wish that users could display/sort their souvenirs in a manner selected by the user:

-- by date earned (Project-GC shows them this way, and I like looking at my souvenir list there)

-- alphabetically

-- by "souvenir grouping" (Country/State/Province souvenirs grouped together, special date souvenirs grouped together, Geocaching promotion souvenirs grouped together, Mega/Giga Event souvenirs grouped together, etc.)

That way, I could more easily reflect on my Geocaching Road Trip fun by viewing the souvenirs in a group or by date earned. Today I have to go to another website to do that.

I support this feature request!

I wish that users could display/sort their souvenirs in a manner selected by the user:

-- by date earned (Project-GC shows them this way, and I like looking at my souvenir list there)

-- alphabetically

-- by "souvenir grouping" (Country/State/Province souvenirs grouped together, special date souvenirs grouped together, Geocaching promotion souvenirs grouped together, Mega/Giga Event souvenirs grouped together, etc.)

That way, I could more easily reflect on my Geocaching Road Trip fun by viewing the souvenirs in a group or by date earned. Today I have to go to another website to do that.

Agreed. It's certainly been requested before.

I'd be happy if they were just organized by type and perhaps being able to hide all of a specific type. I am not interested at all with the promotional souvenirs and would prefer to be able to opt-out on them. It makes more sense to me to have Event souvenirs sorted by date and Country/State/Province souvenirs sorted alphabetically.

I'd prefer to completely hide all souvenirs from the GC.com area and display them in my FSG stats in the order I want them to appear. Having them in two places is unnecessary.

Awhile back in the User Voice forum there was a thread about changes to the user profile page. A suggestion that I made was to allow editing of the tabs other than just the "Bio" section. Those that use the FindStatsGen macro or project-gc or mygeocachingprofile are basically including html generated about statistics, souvenirs, or badges and including it in the "Bio" section (the tab labeled Profile) because that's the only tab that is editable. If the Statistics and Souvenir tabs were editable one could select a "Hide Groundspeak Statistics" or "Hide Groundspeak Souvenirs" and use one of these external services to provide this data. That way there wouldn't be any duplication and the "Profile" tab could be used only for "Bio" information.

<snip>

It makes more sense to me to have Event souvenirs sorted by date and Country/State/Province souvenirs sorted alphabetically.

I agree... apart from I'd like all the State/Province ones together and not alphabetical in amongst the countries. E.g. I'd like all the US States together and German Lander ones to be grouped and not mixed in alphabetically with the others.

It would be excellent if we could drag and drop them into our own preferred order

Hi there,

can the souvenirs be sorted somehow, please? Either manually (perfect) or automatically.

Currently it looks like a mess. I had to look around for the Roadtrip souvenirs this time.

Ideally they are / or can be sorted by type, event-series (like the currently Roadtrip) or by country ...

Cheers,

magikweis

If sorting by date were to be implemented, it would first have to use the correct date. The date that's currently displayed - the date on which you submitted the log - is meaningless. If I find a cache on leap day, but don't submit my log until a week later, the only date that makes sense to display is the leap day date. That's the day on which I found the cache, and therefore the date I completed the requirements to acquire the souvenir.

As an example, go check out the souvenirs on my profile. According to that page, I "acquired" the "31 Days of Geocaching 16", "...17", and "...18" souvenirs all on August 18, 2013. No, I acquired each of them by logging at least one cache on each of those days. I just didn't go through the logging motions until the 18th, which is irrelevant.

The correct date for the different types of souvenirs should be as follows:

• Dates - These are only available on specific, single dates, and that's the date that should be displayed.
  • States/Provinces/Countries - The displayed date should be the date of the first find in that region.
  • Specific caches - The displayed date should be the date of the first "Found it" (or equivalent) log.
  • Mega/Giga Events - For many Mega/Giga Events, I believe the souvenirs are only available when logging on the official event date (the one shown at the top of the cache listing). In those cases, the date should follow the "Dates" scenario above. For the Mega/Giga Events that have souvenirs available on more than one day (I believe there are some that exist), the date should follow the "Specific caches" scenario above.
  • Special cases - For souvenirs with other requirements such as the 2015 Road Trip ones, the displayed date should be the date of the first qualifying log.

Just bumping this topic to share my opinion: We should be able to arrange the souvenirs as we want. The way they're organized makes it look quite odd. In my case, I'd like to have all my "Road Trip '15" souvenirs together, however they have "Portugal" and "International EarthCache Day" souvenirs in the middle.