Looks like Orange/Jungle Green hit the century mark today!

etoast66

The crayons: Yes it all started last Christmas when jungle green gave me a 64 box of crayons all Orange. What was I going to do with all these? I like the color orange but really. Then in January we started to geocache. Right from the get go I knew I was orange and the crayon would be my signature item.

About 4 caches in my sister knew she needed an identity too. So back to Crayola she went and found jungle green and from then on it was two crayons.

I had hoped to do one of Brian's caches for #100 but jungle green wanted less snow so off to the Flemington area we went to do enough so we both would hit #100. It worked out good since we met TRACKERBB at my #100 cache and it is always exciting to bump into another geocacher.

Hopefully I will do 100 more in 2003 but thought I'd share my resolutions for the next 100.

I resolve to complain less about coordinates and ratings in my logs.

I resolve to trade up more often.

I resolve to try to hide 1 or 2 more caches with the help of jungle green.

I resolve to attend and/or organize another event cache.

----

And a few thank yous for the last 100.

I thank every hider, even if I complained in my log entries.

I especially thank Brian whose caches are the finest example for others to follow. They have well prepared initial contents and usually are located in very good spots. And most importantly he maintains every one of his many caches.

Thanks to Stayfloppy and BassonPilot for examples of interesting logs. I always enjoy reading them after I log my own.

And also thanks to jungle green who I honestly can say fines them better than me on most occasions.

..... Right from the get go I knew I was orange and the crayon would be my signature item.

I was thinking of making a calling card to leave when I visited a cache. but then I thought what if someone took the calling card and left it somewere that I had not been to so I have decided to staple the calling card to the logbook in place of our signure (after all isnt that what a log book is for... to record your visit. should I be carefull NOT to remove crayons from caches?

I dont want to mess up your calling card system

quote:
Originally posted by scoobydooers:

should I be carefull NOT to remove crayons from caches?

I dont want to mess up your calling card system

I consider the crayons my signature item and are left in addition to any trade. So they are fair game to be taken by anyone. I actually would hope eventually they get taken by some geocachers. A few times they have been used by later geocachers who had nothing else to write with. So sometimes they come in handy.

I have taken other cachers signature items. I once took a CCooperagency keychain, a rubber duck, and possibly others.

I have seen cards stapled to the logbook. This seems very common in Georgia. Also I noticed Skully & Mulder is now using a stamp in logs.

As far as I'm concerned anything left by a geocacher is fair game for a trade later on