New DC Cache Post

Team Dragon

For some reason, a cache that we placed in DC almost a week ago isn't being approved nor is an admin expressing concern. Since it's been two days since I emailed the admins and haven't received a response, I figured I'd at least post the cache here for locals to look for. Once it's approved, logs can be made online at GCGCTX.

I Spy

N 38° 54.073 W 077° 02.493 (WGS84)

3/1

"Queek Boris, hide the documents."

"Moose and squirrel will never think to look here. Come Natasha, we must tell Fearless Leader they are ready."

Downtown Washington is filled with virtual caches but because the National Parks Service won't allow physical caches, there aren't many actual log sheets. This is a physical cache that is not located on NPS land.

This is a very busy area and finding and replacing the cache without observation are the biggest challenge. The difficulty is figured partly due to the safe finding and replacement but is otherwise handicap accessable. The cache does not contain a pen or pencil so be sure to bring one.

The six clues below gradually point you to the cache. If you're stuck, decrypt a line to get you going again. The final hint indicates specifically where the cache is. If you're really stumped or don't have much time, then that's the one you'll want. Please allow for at least 15 minutes to be able to rehide the cache! Don't rush.

V naq Rvtuggrragu Fgerrg -----

Pbzzhgr gur fragrapr -----

Sbhe jurryf ner snfgre guna abar -----

Gnxr n ybnq bss -----

Gur evtug vf pheeragyl va pbageby -----

Haqre gur ohf orapu npebff sebz gur zrgeb. Gur pnpur vf na Nygbvqf gva fghpx jvgu zntargf haqre gur fvqr pybfrfg gb gur nqf

And what if for some reason you cache doesn't get approved?

I think using geocaching.com's forums to post a cache that may not meet their guidelines (I have no idea if it does or doesn't) is in pretty poor taste.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

After finding over 100 I think I have a pretty good idea of the rules this site has regarding hiding caches. This cache is similar to many other urban caches we've hunted and there have been no rule changes regarding them. The area in question is not innundated with physical caches and it's away from the morass of virtual caches in the monument area.

What if it isn't approved? Then it will be posted elsewhere. I would assume no one who is purely after numbers would hunt it until the page was up but people who like to hunt would.

Whoopsy! I'm sorry!

I didn't know after 100 finds we got to approve our own caches. Silly me, here I am with over 250 finds and I still wait for geocaching.com to approve mine. I musta missed the little check mark when I submitted my last cache. Sorry!

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.