Grabbed Geocoin - how to log "took it to"

HuliGeo

I grabbed a geocoin (it was in a different cache than the cache it was listed to be in). I am trying to log the different caches we have visited however the only "Type of Log" options listed for the geocoin are "write note" and "discovered it". I have searched to see how to correctly log this but have not come up with an answer. Any help is greatly appreciated as I want to honor the geocoin's goal of traveling to famous buildings and attractions around the world. Thanks.

Edited by HuliGeo

Firstly one must never post tracking numbers online... they are meant to be secret or only available to those who have seen or have the coin in hand. Anyone can come along, use the tracking number and cause havoc. There is a TB# on the travel page that can be used to reference the coin so you can send folks to the travel page without giving them access to moving, grabbing or messing with the tracking of the coin. In this case it's TB45CH0

But back to your question. The coin's tracking page shows that you have grabbed it and is in your possession. There is no need to do anything more than write a note or drop it off. Do you know how to do that? If not go to the Play menu and select Find Trackables and in the Geocoins box click on How to log a geocoin. Easy peasy.

My apologies. I have only been geocaching for two months so am very new to this wonderful adventure. The tracking number has been removed. I would like to post logs similar to previous logs on this geocoin with the geocachers name as a hyperlink stating they "took it to" a cache, which is also a hyperlink. An example: Visited 05/18/2014 balsum took it to P.A.G.S. - Just another Dead Tree Michigan - 39.71 miles Visit Log] Are you saying I should write a note and if so how do I included my profile name and the caches name as hyperlinks? Thanks.

My apologies. I have only been geocaching for two months so am very new to this wonderful adventure. The tracking number has been removed. I would like to post logs similar to previous logs on this geocoin with the geocachers name as a hyperlink stating they "took it to" a cache, which is also a hyperlink. An example: Visited 05/18/2014 balsum took it to P.A.G.S. - Just another Dead Tree Michigan - 39.71 miles Visit Log] Are you saying I should write a note and if so how do I included my profile name and the caches name as hyperlinks? Thanks.

You should take a look at the help file as Droo mentioned: http://www.geocaching.com/track/howto.aspx

Step 3 of "Dropping Off A Travel Bug" tells you how to do a "Visit", which is how you get the text "took it to" in a log.

While you're typing a cache log, you can select one of the TBs in your Inventory to log at that time. At that moment, you have more options than "Discover" and "Note". This is in a cache log, not the TB page. Once you've submitted the cache log with the selected TB, now a TB log is generated on the TB's page.

You may Visit some caches and add photos in each, or just upload the photos into one TB log (maybe when you log the Drop). I only use "Visit" for one or two special caches along the way to placing the TB into a cache. Other people make many "Visits" and never seem to get around to placing a TB. Your mileage may vary. :anicute:

Edited by kunarion

What it sounds like is that you are trying to log a note of the caches you visited with this TB on the TB page. That is not where you would be able to log the "visit". Once the Trackable is in your inventory (Grabbed by you), when you log your visit to the cache page, below the comment field, you can use the dropdown menus next to the TB in your inventory and change it to "Visited" or "dropped off" depending on what action you wish to log. If you have already Logged your found it to the cache, you can log an additional "note" and do the same thing marking the trackable as dropped or visited.

But, it looks like Kunarion beat me to this explaination :)

Edited by labrat_wr