Can't decide on GPS

hazzy6000

Hi

I have been geocaching for a while now and i have just been given an old Garmin Etrex H. It's good to use, but i'd like a more up to date one in the future. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a good GPS for geocaching, that's compatible with the Send to GPS feature of the geocaching website (maybe wirelessly?).

I was also looking at the paid Geocaching app, but I've read that it doesn't get updated anymore, and that it's soon going to be made into the free version. (Also, is there a feature on the app to enter your own co-ordinates?). Instead of a recommended GPS, a recommended android app is welcome as well :).

I know that REI will let you take a GPS out into the parking lot to see how well it works. I would pick a nice sunny day so that you can see how well you can view the screen in bright light.

As for phone apps, they have their place and that depends on the type of area you are caching in. I have both an app and a Garmin 550t. Time after time I have found that the Garmin is more precise than the phone. I have used the app in urban settings, but prefer the Garmin in rural sites.

I was also looking at the paid Geocaching app, but I've read that it doesn't get updated anymore, and that it's soon going to be made into the free version. (Also, is there a feature on the app to enter your own co-ordinates?).

Whilst the paid-for app is no longer updated, it still does more than the free app can. Even for Premium Members.

(It wont be made into the free version, the free app is re-written from the ground up!)

Most apps will allow you to enter your own coordinates, so you can do multi-caches...

Or, do you mean enter your own coordinates to go somewhere other than caching?

I was also looking at the paid Geocaching app, but I've read that it doesn't get updated anymore, and that it's soon going to be made into the free version. (Also, is there a feature on the app to enter your own co-ordinates?).

Whilst the paid-for app is no longer updated, it still does more than the free app can. Even for Premium Members.

(It wont be made into the free version, the free app is re-written from the ground up!)

Most apps will allow you to enter your own coordinates, so you can do multi-caches...

Or, do you mean enter your own coordinates to go somewhere other than caching?

What's going on with the paid app ??