One of my best Waymarks to date.

Here is one of my Waymarks that just published. This is some vacation photos that I took while visiting the Wright Brothers memorial in Kill Devil Hill's North Carolina.

It's hard to catch this area vacent to photograph the statues. I just wanted to share this with the Waymarking community. It's some of my best work.

First in Flight

I would like to see other Waymarkers post in this thread what they think is some of their best published Waymarks.

Here is one of my Waymarks that just published. This is some vacation photos that I took while visiting the Wright Brothers memorial in Kill Devil Hill's North Carolina.

It's hard to catch this area vacent to photograph the statues. I just wanted to share this with the Waymarking community. It's some of my best work.

First in Flight

I would like to see other Waymarkers post in this thread what they think is some of their best published Waymarks.

That is a very nice WM :)

I like this idea for a thread -- I will go digging for my faves I have posted :)

We got there at just the right time. Minutes before there were about 30 children climbing all over the aircraft.

When my wife spotted the ice cream truck and yelled "free ice cream", I almost knocked a few kids down myself getting in line.

Really, we just got a lucky break. Normally I don't post visits to my own waymarks but I think I will add some from our visit interacting with the statues. My daughter takes some great pictures with her iPhone.

OK, is this some kind of a joke?!

"Hello from Waymarking.com!

Congratulations!

One or more edit suggestions for your DUBLICATE WAYMARK waymark have been reviewed with the following outcome:

Old Name: First Flight ~ Wright Brothers and Friends ~ Kill Devil Hills, NC., Suggested Change: DUBLICATE WAYMARK Result: Accepted FIRST - Classification Variable" Variable: Accepted

Reviewer's comments:

no explanation provided

View DUBLICATE WAYMARK details

Happy Waymarking!

The Groundspeak Team"

OK, update. There is another first of it's kind monument Waymarked about half a mile away, but there is another one at this location. The posted coordinated for http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WM6CH7_FIRST_Sucessful_Flight_of_an_Airplane_Kill_Devil_Hills_NC are incorrect. That monument is located at N 36° 1.190 W075° 40.128.

It would be nice if the category managers would attempt to communicate, I think I could explain that there are two different markers a half mile apart.

Edited by Manville Possum Hunters

Congratulations!

One or more edit suggestions for your DUBLICATE WAYMARK waymark have been reviewed with the following outcome:

Old Name: First Flight ~ Wright Brothers and Friends ~ Kill Devil Hills, NC., Suggested Change: DUBLICATE WAYMARK Result: Accepted FIRST - Classification Variable" Variable: Accepted

Reviewer's comments:

no explanation provided

Happy Waymarking!

The Groundspeak Team"

OK, update. There is another first of it's kind monument Waymarked about half a mile away, but there is another one at this location. The posted coordinated for http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WM6CH7_FIRST_Sucessful_Flight_of_an_Airplane_Kill_Devil_Hills_NC are incorrect. That monument is located at N 36° 1.190 W075° 40.128.

It would be nice if the category managers would attempt to communicate, I think I could explain that there are two different markers a half mile apart.

Someone just edited the title of your waymark. If the original poster is not locked (this possibility exists, don't ask me why), the you can easily change it back.

I think, you have just become the victim of a bad joke. And the officer who did accept this change request did not even read it. Unfortunately, we don't have any possibility to find out who did this. However, I do not think it is a regular of this forum, I don't recall anyone here, who would write duplicate with a B.

Congratulations!

Reviewer's comments:

no explanation provided

Happy Waymarking!

The Groundspeak Team"

Someone just edited the title of your waymark. If the original poster is not locked (this possibility exists, don't ask me why), the you can easily change it back.

I think, you have just become the victim of a bad joke. And the officer who did accept this change request did not even read it. Unfortunately, we don't have any possibility to find out who did this. However, I do not think it is a regular of this forum, I don't recall anyone here, who would write duplicate with a B.

I take pride in my Waymarks, and I take this site seriously. I try and do my best when reviewing other's waymarks. I don't see this as the place for jokes.

I do know that nothing will ever be done about it. This is not the geocaching site.

Waymarking is getting harder for me to support.

Really, it's just too bad that I have let a few people spoil this hobby for me.

I have enjoyed Waymarking. Problems always come from posting in the forums. If I had not posted the Waymark that I was proud of it would have not attracted attention.

I do wonder if Mark1962 even looked at it before he edited it or if he was just in on the joke? I did not find it funny either way.

Edited by Manville Possum Hunters