no Smillies of closed cases on map

carollol

Am i the only one who is bothered that the smillies of cases that are archived disappear from the map?

The info is still there cos you can find in in your list, so why cant they just leave it one the map too?!!!

Frankly I would also prefer it if the unfound blue smilies were shown.

Wish i could post this for support, but somehow i can't :(

This isn't really the right topic folder, but just wanted to share. In case i am not the only bothered one.

This way if i have visited a town several time, but the old cases make place for new once, it will seem as

if i've never been there -_-. Not cool!

On the website map the found caches stick around for me and i can't find an option to hide them.

In the GS app, paid android anyway, there is an option there somewhere to hide or display found caches.

Without more details like exactly what map you are looking at not many are likely to be able to help you further.

On the website map the found caches stick around for me and i can't find an option to hide them.

In the GS app, paid android anyway, there is an option there somewhere to hide or display found caches.

Without more details like exactly what map you are looking at not many are likely to be able to help you further.

They don't appear for archived caches which is what to CO wants.

This way if i have visited a town several time, but the old cases make place for new once, it will seem as if i've never been there -_-. Not cool!
Interesting. I wouldn't have thought to look at the smileys on the map as an indication that I've been there before, or that I haven't been there before.

When I look at the map, I usually turn off all the caches I've found, because I want to see the caches I haven't found yet. The one exception would be the few times when I want to view all the caches that exist now, to see if a location is available. In that case, I would NOT want archived caches to show, because they do not affect the saturation guidelines. (I would also turn off virtual caches, EarthCaches, events, etc. because they do not affect saturation either.)

For a view of where I've been, I would look at the maps on my statistics page.

But another alternative for premium members would be to run the special My Finds pocket query, and then feed the resulting GPX file to a mapping program. That would display all your finds.

It could get rather messy. What if there is a found archived cache near or at the exact location of an unfound cache?

At least it should be selectable by a filter...

That said, from time to time I enjoy looking at the map of all my finds (and a lot of them are archived meanwhile). But I use an external tool for that purpose which serves me well.

You click on the yellow smile on the side bar and it hides them.

It could get rather messy. What if there is a found archived cache near or at the exact location of an unfound cache?

That said, from time to time I enjoy looking at the map of all my finds (and a lot of them are archived meanwhile). But I use an external tool for that purpose which serves me well.

What tool?

For the details asked i am a not paying member and i was looking at the map on www.geocaching.com

So yes im not a paying member. Seems like a unprivilege this way to . Not everybody has the money for such luxuries i would prefer how wikipedia and FB fixes that issue. I REALLYYYY hate it when a case is locked with the message "not for premiums". Just whyyy!!??? :( But that's a whole other topic.

What tool?

For the details asked i am a not paying member and i was looking at the map on www.geocaching.com

So yes im not a paying member. Seems like a unprivilege this way to . Not everybody has the money for such luxuries i would prefer how wikipedia and FB fixes that issue. I REALLYYYY hate it when a case is locked with the message "not for premiums". Just whyyy!!??? :( But that's a whole other topic.

Im proud of all my finds damned, i want a map full with smilies :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :P