Best Android App?

<3Skitz

I am looking for advice on the best android apps out there for geocaching where I can type in my own coordinates. I love geocaching but right now i am limited to doing only traditional caches, vs multi and puzzle where I can punch in my own coordinates, mark my car and keep on going.

Yes, I understand that a handheld device is much more accurate over a cell phone but I am not in a financial situation where I can afford a handheld GPS. I don't know if I would spend that kind of money even if I could afford it lol Any advice ob the best cell phone app would be greatly appreciated!!!!

I am looking for advice on the best android apps out there for geocaching where I can type in my own coordinates. I love geocaching but right now i am limited to doing only traditional caches, vs multi and puzzle where I can punch in my own coordinates, mark my car and keep on going.

Yes, I understand that a handheld device is much more accurate over a cell phone but I am not in a financial situation where I can afford a handheld GPS. I don't know if I would spend that kind of money even if I could afford it lol Any advice ob the best cell phone app would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Have you looked at the Groundspeak "paid" app?

3. Geocaching with Android

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=47

Don't be surprised if this thread is moved to the appropriate forum.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=196

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

I agree, for now, the paid Geocaching app should be fine.

Realize that in the (very?) near future, it'll be discontinued and replaced with what is now the free, Geocaching Intro app (read 3.3 in Pup Patrol's link - Geocaching with Android).

Handheld GPSrs really aren't that much more accurate than many phones today.

I use a handheld for its rugged features and battery life, more than "accuracy". :)

People look for different things in apps and work in different ways. When I was looking for an android app, I tried various free versions and ended up with GCDroid. After using it for awhile I purchased it. It does everything I wanted - offline map support, gpx export and import, links to the navigation/voice routing app I use (the developer added the one I use after I contacted him), easy handling of different databases.

A lot of people recommend Cachesense, which I also tried and ended up purchasing before settling on GCDroid. I wanted to like it because it was often recommended, but ultimately it did not seem as intuitive to me. So you are the only one who can know what is best for you. There are a lot of apps with free versions. Try some out and see what you think.

Edited by geodarts

I suggested the Groundspeak paid app because the OP specifically wanted to be able to enter coordinates.

but right now i am limited to doing only traditional caches, vs multi and puzzle where I can punch in my own coordinates, mark my car and keep on going.

B.

I don't know about the GS Intro app, but I am curious if there is any caching app that does not allow you to manually add or edit coordinates?

Take a look at GDAK, it's free and is by design for offline use (offline maps, offline database) but can just as well be used online. It's also an API partner (getting caches, logging...)