The server Wherigo.com seems to be down again

werben.home

Sure enough, it is. I wonder if I can bother enough people to get someone to restart the server. I'd like the issue fixed, but I understand from communications that's asking too much.

And, werben.home, while I appreciate your reporting the issue (I really do), it could have done without strong language. I've never cursed before, so I'm a bit sensitive to it. Thank you for understanding.

I understand. Someone alerted me to the post on geocaching.de, so I posted there as well. Like you, I had to use Google Translate. So, now, I'm hoping it translated everything properly and didn't introduce anything unintentional! I also posted the original English text with my post just in case there was a misunderstanding.

And thank you for posting here!

Hi

1. I'm having a problem downloading a cartridge from www.Wherigo.com - using windows + firefox 41.0.1 but it also happens with Safari and Internet Explorer (on different computers). This error message appears:

Error During Upload

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at Wherigo.GSPCartridgeService.CartridgeService.GetCompiledCartridgeWithMetaData(GWZMetaData gwzMetaData, String CartridgeFileName, String CartridgeId, Int64 PlayerId, String PlayerName, DeviceType deviceType, String CompletionCode) at cartridge_download.btnDownload_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

(even though it's supposed to be downloading and I'm not trying to upload).

2. The Iphone Wherigo app also has a problem - using Iphone 6 + the latest IOS, when you pick a window to scroll through items (eg Wherigo platform - colorado/oregon/Pocket PC etc) it does not highlight or tick any when you select them.

Hopefully you can attend to soon

Cheers

Edited by red tag

Hi

1. I'm having a problem downloading a cartridge from www.Wherigo.com - using windows + firefox 41.0.1 but it also happens with Safari and Internet Explorer (on different computers). This error message appears:

Error During Upload

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at Wherigo.GSPCartridgeService.CartridgeService.GetCompiledCartridgeWithMetaData(GWZMetaData gwzMetaData, String CartridgeFileName, String CartridgeId, Int64 PlayerId, String PlayerName, DeviceType deviceType, String CompletionCode) at cartridge_download.btnDownload_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

(even though it's supposed to be downloading and I'm not trying to upload).

2. The Iphone Wherigo app also has a problem - using Iphone 6 + the latest IOS, when you pick a window to scroll through items (eg Wherigo platform - colorado/oregon/Pocket PC etc) it does not highlight or tick any when you select them.

Hopefully you can attend to soon

Cheers

Same here... I sent asd well E-mail to Geocaching HQ support mail...

I reported it to a higher level email address. Thank you and please continue to report issues on this thread. I've pinned it to this forum. If some of you know my phone number, please send me a text message any time and I'll send the email to Groundspeak via that channel. I do so hope they begin recycling the web server's process so this issue would crop up less frequently.

I also included a joke. You remember those Groundspeak videos about how hamsters power the geocaching.com web site via hamster wheels? Perhaps the Wherigo server needs some longer-lasting gerbils. They live twice as long as hamsters. (Hmm... sounds like I might make this into an obscure running gag.) (For those of you wondering, that's the only thing I know about the differences between the two--and for even that, I had to do a web search. Feel free to make up your own hamster/gerbil joke the next time the Wherigo server has issues sending you a cartridge.)

Services should now be back online. I plan to visit the pet store later today for a longer term solution.

I reported it to a higher level email address. Thank you and please continue to report issues on this thread. I've pinned it to this forum. If some of you know my phone number, please send me a text message any time and I'll send the email to Groundspeak via that channel. I do so hope they begin recycling the web server's process so this issue would crop up less frequently.

I also included a joke. You remember those Groundspeak videos about how hamsters power the geocaching.com web site via hamster wheels? Perhaps the Wherigo server needs some longer-lasting gerbils. They live twice as long as hamsters. (Hmm... sounds like I might make this into an obscure running gag.) (For those of you wondering, that's the only thing I know about the differences between the two--and for even that, I had to do a web search. Feel free to make up your own hamster/gerbil joke the next time the Wherigo server has issues sending you a cartridge.)

Services should now be back online. I plan to visit the pet store later today for a longer term solution.

Excellent! Cyber-gerbils--and in all likelihood a lame running gag--here we come!

(A ten second look at Google Image Search showed me the Internet is lacking in easy to find graphics of cyber or android gerbils, so this post must do without a graphic or an image macro.)

Per RedTag above...

Does anyone have a workaround for this? I've tried moving cartridges to a public Dropbox, but I just can't find a way to download them on to an iPhone now!

Help :)