suggestion on what to do now

NW Stinkerbella

Someone picked up my TB over 2 years ago. They have been "visiting" it at caches during all this time. There have been no stories or pictures just a simple visited. I emailed them over 8 or 9 months ago asking to please place it in a cache if they had it or if it somehow has gone missing or is lost to let me know so I could mourn it's loss and then send out a proxy. No response but more visits logs. Tried again to send a message through the new messaging system asking to please release it or let me know it's lost. Again 10 days, no response but even more visits. I know the TB isn't so big it can't fit in any of the caches visited in over 2 years as it's nothing more then a laminated picture of the true coin... Learned NEVER to send out the real thing early on... But I do understand something that size could easily be lost. Of the 44 pages of logs on my TB 42 of them are visits by this cacher. With them holding my TB hostage I can't send out a proxy and while it it ringing up mileage it's pretty much stagnated in one part of one state.

What do I do now to rescue my TB? Suggestions?

You already sent email and used that new message thing with no success.

Not much else you can do.

I personally would think a piece of laminated paper isn't around anymore, when other trackables have no issues, but strange things seem to happen.

Maybe feels guilty, doesn't want to admit it's gone...

I personally think this "took it to" thing has gotten outta hand.

Didn't seem trackable kidnapping happened as often when folks had just a bit more work in logging (place & retrieve into/out of each cache).

You can mark it missing.

This will take it out of their inventory so it stops being mindlessly visited with all their logs.

If they make the effort to actually grab it again, it means they do actually have it, and they're paying some attention.

Mostly likely, you Mark Missing and that's the end of it.

You could then wait 6 months and release the number on something else.

You can mark it missing.

This will take it out of their inventory so it stops being mindlessly visited with all their logs.

If they make the effort to actually grab it again, it means they do actually have it, and they're paying some attention.

Mostly likely, you Mark Missing and that's the end of it.

You could then wait 6 months and release the number on something else.

That is good advice. I did the same thing with one of mine once, then sent out a proxy a year later.

You can mark it missing.

That's an intriguing idea! Since the Taker doesn't seem to notice email and MC messages, the OP could additionally (supposing the TB is in the Taker's possession and will be "grabbed" back), temporarily change the name of the TB to something like "Please place this into a cache and log the Drop." :anibad:

And that should be part of the mission (if it isn't already). Actual text that says "Don't Keep Me. Please place this into a cache and log the Drop." Many people have decided that if a TB is to "travel to many places", that they will be making the tons of logs themselves. They don't seem to notice messages/email, nor the text "Don't Keep Me" on the many TBs they keep :blink:. But one more reminder can't hurt. :anicute:

Edited by kunarion

update for anyone interested... I marked my TB missing and Tonight I got a message from the person who has had it for the past 2 plus years. They said they were sorry and that they have moved and my TB is in a box that was never unpacked. They didn't realize they had it for so long and promise to find it and get it moving within the next month. We'll see.

I marked my TB missing and Tonight I got a message from the person who has had it for the past 2 plus years.

Interesting, they were paying attention enough to notice that they couldn't "visit it" anymore, without having previously bothered to respond to you.

Now that they can't use it, they're "sorry".

Okay, that's cool.

Thanks for that approach, Isonzo Karst. :)

We have a similar issue, after 9 months of "visits" we asked if they would mind dropping it in the next available cache they found. Reply was "well I haven't found anything suitable, going to NYC in October check back then" Our tb is only small and looking back at the caches they found recently it could have gone in to at least 3 or 4. I wish people would just be honest, if it is lost it is no big deal but at least if they took it our of their inventory we could release a proxy.