I know this is short notice but.....Very important, Please Read.

Planet

A bunch of us just formed an impromptu caching event for tomorrow evening Sunday, June 15th. We have planned an evening Central Park, NYC caching binge. meeting is taking place at 6:30 at Columbus Circle and Broadway - N40 46.110 W73 58.921. Just use the secret Jeremy hand pose (finder pointing on chin like so: 2_700.jpg ) and wander around singing Geo oh geo! And we'll find you! So far we have dboggny&SR of da Bronx, IVWarrior is coming from PA, Mopar and SunCrush and possibly TraumaJunkie from NJ, Ttepee from NY and the mann and I from CT. Really, it was impromptu and no time to give notice. Hope some of you can join us.

Cache you later,

Planet

So many caches, so little time.

[This message was edited by Planet on June 14, 2003 at 01:20 PM.]

Shucks. I wish I'd known. I was in the area with my daughter for Father's Day. We spent the whole afternon at the Met Museum of History and the new Hayden Planetatium and were eating at 630PM on Columbus and 68th or so. I was actually planning on caching to but didn't want to go into the park that late by ourselves.

Rats.

ALan

Aw too bad we missed a few of you. A great time was had by all. Mopar and Suncrush arrived a bit late but we went ahead and did a couple of caches and met near the third. The park was really spectacular at night.. quite an experience. We hit a couple of moments we were all glad that we had Detective Dan with us. The park really has cleaned up alot from what I remember. We were even serenaded by the gondolier poling by as we crossed the bridge over the lake. After dropping the pregnant dbogg clan at their car, IV and IVcheerleader opted for a ride back to thier hotel after a full day of site seeing and caching, and the rest of us went for a bite to eat at the Brooklyn Diner up the road... perfect topper for a great evening caching in Central Park. Thanks guys, had alot of fun.

castle2.jpg

geothugs.jpg

skyline3.jpg

skyline4.jpg

[This message was edited by Ttepee on June 16, 2003 at 01:05 PM.]

It all started in chat!! I couldnt get up to pick Mopar up for the NYC group event so he was nice enought to drive out of his way to pick me up. We got to Lincoln tunnel at 6:30. The time we were suppose to be meeting the group. Oh well. We made it to NYC in 10 minutes from the tunnel and found a spot to park right away. Cool .40 ml away from the place to met at. We start walking Mopar and I and he stops. he says we can;t park the car here, sure enough it was cop permit parking only. Oh geez. So an hour and 1/2 went by and i'm snapping pictures out side my window the whole time and have bugged eyes the way Mopar was weaving in and out of traffic. He drove like a pro in the city. We finally found a spot to park for $10.50 all day. We get in there and this place is a hole in the wall. Could only fit like 10 cars in there. We walk up to the guy and he starts telling us in broken english about the great american classic movie PALE RIDER with clint Eastwood. Mopar and I look at each other and the guy writes the title of the movie down on the back of a parking ticket and we were like ya ya ya, just let us go. (We called him our encounter with Balki, from the Perfect Strangers tv show)!! Then i said we have this until night time right for $10.50 he was like ya until 9:30 pm.. It was already 8 pm... sio we said okay.. walked up to the street called Dannys cell and it was the wrong number... go figure!! I then tell Mopar we need to move the car to a better place.. we do i pay the guy who was hurt we moved the car.. ya ya ya whatever. We park 100 ft down the road in a better garage we didnt see had a special $16.79 all night until 2 am. Great. We head to the corbner we were meeting them at. No one there... Oh well. i'm thinking its hopeless so we start looking for a near by cache and there were too many people in the area so we turn around and head to Strawberry fields to the Imagine cache. we get like 300 ft away and I see some one in the bushes and a guy standing guard. I said to Mopar is that Danny ??!! We start heading over in the direction and i tell him to call for danny. He doesnt.. so i do.. i yelled DANNY. The guy turns and walks towards us. OH THANK YOU LORD.. we found them. By pure luck!! We then head down the hill and meet up with the rest of the gang. Nice meeting everyone and we headed thru the park as it was getting darker to do 4 more caches. We finally were heading back to dannys car and out of the park when it was tricky in some spots cause it was pitch blackness and people were sitting on park benches probably waiting to jump our asses.. but no one made an atempt. Thanks to DANNY!! He told us to walk fast thru one area.. thought something was up with it.. so we all hauled thru that section. Finally we made it to Dannys car and Iv Warrior and his wife left with them. The rest of us head down the street to the Brooklyn diner.. yummy !! So we eat dinner and relaxed.. thanks to Planet again for the special treat!! From there we said our good bye and Mopar and I headed down the road to the car. We left NYC driving thru Times Square!! I thiught it would be bigger than that. But i guess not!! Took a bunch of pictures!! i loved it!! Definatly be back agai but during the day so we can see stuff and shop in the crazy gift shops!! Thanks for the fun times!! good lord!! I LOVE NY!!

Well, we're still not home, but we're at her parent's house, so I have a chance to read the posts, and maybe acually log a cache or two that we did. I want to thank everyone who came out to cache with us and make the trip a pleasant, memorable event. The wife would especially like to thank Danny for the ride back to the hotel, as her feet were really hurtin from a day of walking all over the city, and she wasn't really looking forward to the 3/4 mile walk back to the hotel. We were only in the city from Sunday morning until Saturday evening, so there were a lot of things that one or both of us would have liked to do, but we simply didn't have time. There will be a next time though, and it'll probably be in the Thanksgiving/Christmas timeframe. I know the wife will want to take in a show then, and who knows what else.

Again, thanks everyone, we had a great time in the city. We've both been there before, but it was the first time I drove into, and spent the night in the city, so it was a new experience for me in several ways.

Now....can I get a cache logged before I head for the comforts of my own home.....

Nothing to see here, move along.