Message Center issue and suggestion

jellis

I have one unread message and I can't get to it to read it.

Fix it so all unread messages go to the top of the list

Have a time stamp so you can see when any messages were posted.

Option to delete messages

And can you have a link to the cacher's profile.

I get messages from cachers I don't know and it would be easier with a link instead of having to copy and paste their name and going back to the website to look a their profile.

Option to block message center

I get messages from cachers I don't know and it would be easier with a link instead of having to copy and paste their name and going back to the website to look a their profile.

You may go to a member Profile by clicking their icon within their message (but not in the list of messages). If you've hidden the message, you have to search the cacher's name by typing it. I stopped "hiding" conversations, because I can't remember how the users' names are spelled. :anicute:

I also could really use that time stamp.

You may go to a member Profile by clicking their icon within their message (but not in the list of messages). If you've hidden the message, you have to search the cacher's name by typing it. I stopped "hiding" conversations, because I can't remember how the users' names are spelled. :anicute:

I also could really use that time stamp.

If I can't get to it how would I know who sent it?

And other's messages I tried clicking on names and they don't link to the profile. They do nothing.

Edited by jellis

And other's messages I tried clicking on names and they don't link to the profile. They do nothing.

Seems like you're not getting it. MC makes it EASIER to contact other cachers. You must be doing it wrong. Unless MC is still very much beta.

Seems like you're not getting it. MC makes it EASIER to contact other cachers. You must be doing it wrong. Unless MC is still very much beta.

Seems you aren't getting what I am saying. Yes it is easier to contact cachers but when you have LOTS of friends, things get buried. I'm not the only one having this issue. I read a few others who posted the same problem.

It only shows that last 20 cachers who posted messages on the MC. It will NOT allow to scroll down further then that. The message is past the 20 cachers and no way to get to the cacher who posted it.

Seems you aren't getting what I am saying. Yes it is easier to contact cachers but when you have LOTS of friends, things get buried. I'm not the only one having this issue. I read a few others who posted the same problem.

It only shows that last 20 cachers who posted messages on the MC. It will NOT allow to scroll down further then that. The message is past the 20 cachers and no way to get to the cacher who posted it.

Exactly, it's a lot easier that way :ph34r:

No I would like an answer from someone who knows the correct answer.

Fact is that MC doesn't allow you to communicate as we were able to do by e-mail. It was supposed to make things easier but it doesn't. It lacks the basic stuff even the simplest of mail programs can do.

It has only one advantage over "send e-mail" and that's being able to send attachments.

Fact is that MC doesn't allow you to communicate as we were able to do by e-mail. It was supposed to make things easier but it doesn't. It lacks the basic stuff even the simplest of mail programs can do.

It has only one advantage over "send e-mail" and that's being able to send attachments.

That is true

This seemed like a fairly correct answer to me:

Unless MC is still very much beta.
I know it isn't labeled "beta" any longer, but if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

The message center is currently displays your conversations by the most recently updated at the top. We do not make unread conversations "sticky" (this behavior would be strange - neither email nor other messaging services use that behavior). If the message falls off your list of 20 conversations, then yes you will show one unread that does not show in your list. You should be able to get to it, however, by hiding conversations until you get it to load (we know this isn't the most elegant solution, and we have a feature in our backlog to allow you to load more conversations than the 20).

We also have a feature request to display timestamps for those that want to see all the past ones.

We do not have plans currently to offer the ability to completely delete messages or to block the message center.

The message center is currently displays your conversations by the most recently updated at the top. We do not make unread conversations "sticky" (this behavior would be strange - neither email nor other messaging services use that behavior).

As a long time Pegasus mail user I can tell you that my mail program has ALWAYS had that behavior and I'm using it for over 15 years. It's a setting called "Sort unread before read".

The message center is currently displays your conversations by the most recently updated at the top. We do not make unread conversations "sticky" (this behavior would be strange - neither email nor other messaging services use that behavior).

As a long time Pegasus mail user I can tell you that my mail program has ALWAYS had that behavior and I'm using it for over 15 years. It's a setting called "Sort unread before read".

I stand corrected! Filtering is also available on a lot of mail programs (such as an "Unread" mailbox). However, the solution we are looking at is to allow the ability to load more conversations to get to the one that is unread. We'll let UX take a look at the idea of adding a way to only show unreads.

I did as previously suggested by hiding some of the messages by cachers. Finally got to the unread message. Thanks but still wish it would have the unread ones be at the top.

I received a Message just now (I'm actually kind of glad I don't get a lot there :ph34r:, but it might be a cool fallback when all else fails). The Geocacher's icon was at the top, all seemed well.

The new message was also in fact at the top, but it was not selected! The last message I read was selected, the next one down. So I read it and it seemed like deja-vu... as if I had read it before... :anicute:

The new message poster's icon had a teeny yellow dot on it, denoting there's a new post -- on that guy's yellow icon. Almost invisible on the icon. I'd prefer those tiny yellow dots be bigger yellow dots. :anibad:

This seemed like a fairly correct answer to me:

Unless MC is still very much beta.
I know it isn't labeled "beta" any longer, but if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

I think it's gone from beta stage to gamma stage. It's completely worthless. PI users should be required to give an e-mail account. And e-mail should be changed to allow adding files. Far better than constructing a Message Center. (I find it quite humorous that GC autocorrects 'mess-y' center to 'Message Center', but cannot correct the problems with the messy-y center. E-mail worked very well.)

I think it's gone from beta stage to gamma stage. It's completely worthless.
I wonder what Bruce Banner would think...

(I find it quite humorous that GC autocorrects 'mess-y' center to 'Message Center', but cannot correct the problems with the messy-y center. E-mail worked very well.)
FWIW, it's easy to add a new badwords filter with most forum software. One another forum, we've even used the badwords filter to combat spam, converting certain keywords and even phone numbers into the string "*spam*". It minimizes the damage until a moderator can ban the account and delete the posts.