Wherigo Player Help for Pocket PC (Garmin iQue M4)

TheCatHerder

I've been curious about Wherigo for some time now and recently went trolling Ebay for a cheap Wherigo compatible device. I found a Garmin iQue M4 and purchased it. After it arrived and some mis-adventures I have managed to install Wherigo and the App itself is functioning. My problem seems to be that when bring up a cartridge on the player my devices freezes. I think it is doing this when thre is an image being loaded in the app. Is there anyone in the community familiar with this or iQue devices in general that can give me some pointers. Am I running into a space issue? My new used device has 18MB of space on it. Is there something else going on that may be causing it to freeze? Is there a minimum amount of device memory that is needed to play Wherigo? Is there a way to get it to not display images?

Anything else that I may not have considered.

Any guidance or help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin G. the Cat Herder

Wow, that's old. I haven't had a Pocket PC question here in ages!

There isn't a way to prevent the player app from displaying images, be it the original Pocket PC application or the WF.Player app. Theoretically, the image could be larger than the Pocket PC app could handle. That's supposing the author's builder application wasn't configured to resize the images.

What do you mean when you say, "bring up a cartridge on the player"? You see the list of cartridges, right? You click on a cartridge in the list and that's when the app crashes? Or can you see the cartridge's details and the app crashes when you attempt to play the cartridge? Can you run the Text Crash Test cartridge?