Sint Maarten waymark confusion

elyob

This island is/was divided between France (St-Martin) and the Netherlands (Sint Maarten). Geocaches on the island are organized by location, assigned to a Groundspeak country on each side of the border on the island. Waymarks, however, seem unorganized. Waymarks on the Sint Maarten side of the island are assigned to St. Martin, Netherlands Antilles and even US Virgin Islands.

First question, can I attempt to edit the locations for Sint Maarten waymarks to a single Groundspeak country? If so, to which Groundspeak country should they be assigned?

This island is/was divided between France (St-Martin) and the Netherlands (Sint Maarten). Geocaches on the island are organized by location, assigned to a Groundspeak country on each side of the border on the island. Waymarks, however, seem unorganized. Waymarks on the Sint Maarten side of the island are assigned to St. Martin, Netherlands Antilles and even US Virgin Islands.

First question, can I attempt to edit the locations for Sint Maarten waymarks to a single Groundspeak country? If so, to which Groundspeak country should they be assigned?

US Virgin Islands is just wrong. Netherlands Antilles was correct as long as they existed. The correct country would be Sint Maarten, but this choice is currently not available, so you have to go with a not completely right one. I would go for St. Martin, because it is more accurate geographically and it's after all the same name, just in another language. But this is just my personal opinion. Maybe someone else has better arguments.