Favorite Point

Ok, I am bothered and need some help. I checked out the help section on favorite points and I searched the forum and came up empty.

My favorite points are off by two finds (means my next fp is awarded at 292 instead of 290).

This is not a huge deal, I just would like to know why.

To my knowledge, I have not logged a double find but I can't be certain. Is there a way I can check for that?

Also if I find a lab cache, would that increase my cache count but not counted towards in gaining fav points?

Thanks guys!

Also if I find a lab cache, would that increase my cache count but not counted towards in gaining fav points?
Temporary cache listings like events seem to be excluded from the Favorites system. You can't give them Favorites points, and you don't earn Favorites points for them. I would expect lab caches to fall into this category.
Temporary cache listings like events seem to be excluded from the Favorites system. You can't give them Favorites points, and you don't earn Favorites points for them. I would expect lab caches to fall into this category.

Thanks! I actually didn't know that!

Events don't raise your find count do they?
The events I've attended have increased my find count.

Do lab caches raise your find count?
Yes and no. As I understand it, they do increase your overall find count, but they don't show up as finds in some of your other statistics.

Ok, I am bothered and need some help. I checked out the help section on favorite points and I searched the forum and came up empty.

My favorite points are off by two finds (means my next fp is awarded at 292 instead of 290).

This is not a huge deal, I just would like to know why.

To my knowledge, I have not logged a double find but I can't be certain. Is there a way I can check for that?

Thanks guys!

It has been speculated that this could be tied to Duplicate Logs, to Event Logs, to Lab Cache Logs.

My Favorite Count is off by 5. I personally would not care if it was off by 50 or even by 500. All I can say is, I DO NOT have any Duplicate Logs. I DO NOT log Events. I DO NOT log Lab Caches. The code to track this is just not very well written. Accept that it is only hobby code and not your Bank Statement.

Edited by Cardinal Red
It has been speculated that this could be tied to Duplicate Logs, to Event Logs, to Lab Cache Logs.

My Favorite Count is off by 5. I personally would not care if it was off by 50 or even by 500. All I can say is, I DO NOT have any Duplicate Logs. I DO NOT log Events. I DO NOT log Lab Caches.

Have you deleted any Find logs, and then later logged new Find logs for the same caches? In that situation, the replacement Find log does not count towards your Favorites total.