Garmin etrex 20

Mandy & Dave

Hi

Does anyone know which browsers are compatible with the Garmin etrex 20 please - I am no longer able to write geocaches to my GPS and get the following message 'Garmin Communicator Plugin NOT detected. Download and install now'. I've tried installing the 'plugin' but it no longer works with Google Chrome or Firefox, my computer isn't compatible with Safari or IE7, any suggestions please?

Regards

Mandy

The gpsr is compatible with just about anything that recognizes it as a device or drive. But the communicator is a problem for many these days, as shown by the number of threads on this site. What operating system are you using? Firefox works for me in windows 10, chrome is a different issue.

While the communicator may be handy in some ways, it is not necessary. As a premium member you can save gpx files to the etrex by clicking on the gpx button on the cache page and transferring it to the garmin/gpx folder of your gpsr or sd card. You can also download pocket queries, go into the zip file, and copy the gpx files to the same folder.

Edited by geodarts

Hi

Does anyone know which browsers are compatible with the Garmin etrex 20 please - I am no longer able to write geocaches to my GPS and get the following message 'Garmin Communicator Plugin NOT detected. Download and install now'. I've tried installing the 'plugin' but it no longer works with Google Chrome or Firefox, my computer isn't compatible with Safari or IE7, any suggestions please?

Regards

Mandy

Internet explorer is what I use, chrome and firefox aren't compatible.

... As a premium member you can save gpx files to the etrex by clicking on the gpx button on the cache page and transferring it to the garmin/gpx folder of your gpsr or sd card. You can also download pocket queries, go into the zip file, and copy the gpx files to the same folder.

AFAIK this option is available to every member, just pocket queries (a collection of caches matching certain search criteria packed into a GPX file) are a PM only function.

Individual GPX downloads from the single cache descriptions are available to Basis Members all the same.