garmin

Ev1l 81tch

Works fine for me: Win10; Firefox 40.0; Garmin Communicator 4.2.0.0.

Don't know how long it will work though. Firefox reports the Communicator is unverified for use in FF, which is part of a new Mozilla safety protocol.

Just make sure the browser you use is set as default in Control Panel --> Programs --> Default Programs. Communicator reports back to that default, so if your browser isn't set it won't work properly.

I have a garmin gpsmap 64s and there are times I am unable to view downloaded caches on it when I go and look. I have reloaded some several times and they ask if it is ok to overwrite, and I click yes, but no matter how many times i try to view them they are not visible. it is so frustrating! i've had to punch in coords on them which is so lame as there is no info, just the waypoint. anyone have this happen?

I have a garmin gpsmap 64s and there are times I am unable to view downloaded caches on it when I go and look. I have reloaded some several times and they ask if it is ok to overwrite, and I click yes, but no matter how many times i try to view them they are not visible. it is so frustrating! i've had to punch in coords on them which is so lame as there is no info, just the waypoint. anyone have this happen?

Yes, with our 62s, only solution that I've found is to delete the caches (so not overwrite) and then put them back on your gps.

Did you solve it by now?

I am not fully clear on what type of download you refer to.

1. directly from the cache page using the button on the page?

2. From a PQ that you created as part of your premium membership?

1. might be aproblem of your browser or having the wrong GPS defined in your profile, 2. should not be a browser problem at all...

Thore

This is a Garmin issue.

Overwrite is no use. The file is already in the internal memory, so your unit won't load the gpx file for a second time. You better remove the gpx file, disconnect and restart your gpsmap and then connect and write another time.

If the same cache is already present in another file (like a pq), strange things might happen. It's possible the cache won't show up. In that case you could try to delete ALL gpx files containing geocaches in the GPX directory first (after you made a backup of what you want to keep).

This is a Garmin issue.

Overwrite is no use. The file is already in the internal memory, so your unit won't load the gpx file for a second time. You better remove the gpx file, disconnect and restart your gpsmap and then connect and write another time.

If the same cache is already present in another file (like a pq), strange things might happen. It's possible the cache won't show up. In that case you could try to delete ALL gpx files containing geocaches in the GPX directory first (after you made a backup of what you want to keep).

This is one reason why it's a good idea to put the gpx files on an sd card (garmin/gpx folder). If there is an indexing problem you can remove the card, restart the gpsr, shut down the gpsr and then restart it after replacing the sd card. This has saved me a couple of times when I was in the field without being able to access the internal memory through a laptop or a device to connect to my tablet.

Edited by geodarts