My strange find

s1ipmatt

I know a similar topic was or is here on Groundspeak but i couldn't find it, even googled it.

Anyway i was out and about caching at the weekend, and i was looking about in the undergrowth. I knew the cache was under a log, but as there was a lot of tree coverage above me, my GPS was bouncing about a little. I moved a log and i couldn't believe what was under it...

Some false teeth!! I've never found anything strange before while geocaching. Anyway i took a picture and put the log back. I did find the cache, which was under a nearby log.

I would love to know how these ended up here. :rolleyes:

1001.jpg

I know a similar topic was or is here on Groundspeak but i couldn't find it, even googled it.

Anyway i was out and about caching at the weekend, and i was looking about in the undergrowth. I knew the cache was under a log, but as there was a lot of tree coverage above me, my GPS was bouncing about a little. I moved a log and i couldn't believe what was under it...

Some false teeth!! I've never found anything strange before while geocaching. Anyway i took a picture and put the log back. I did find the cache, which was under a nearby log.

1001.jpg

Maybe I watch a little to much forensics files but you may want to report finding that.

1001.jpg

Since it was close to GZ and the hidden the same way as the cache, it could have been a joke/decoy by the CO. i've seen several "not here" cache decoys, including one with a fake snake.

Thats so funny....I found a set of dentures under a clothing bin...grabbed it thinking it was the cache

my log.............Found it today, I was here last week and thought I found it, but no. I was checking the obvious spots and I believe I said aha out loud, I grabbed a container popped it open and what did my wondrous eyes see....a set of upper and lower dentures. Yup, full dentures, pink palate and everything. Ugh, I assumed it wasn't the cache. Nice donation. I moved on. It really wasn't a DNF, more of a DNF the right container.

Maybe I watch a little to much forensics files but you may want to report finding that.

I had the same thought, I would imagine someone would notice if their dentures fell out. Or are those joke teeth?

A read about a guy in Essex, UK who found a gun and ammo a few years back.

Thankfully, my own adventures have been far less eventful (so far).

I Dunno but they looked real to me. I guess you would have noticed if you lost your teeth while caching haha but who knows, some people do strange things.

I had the same thought, I would imagine someone would notice if their dentures fell out. Or are those joke teeth?

A read about a guy in Essex, UK who found a gun and ammo a few years back.

Thankfully, my own adventures have been far less eventful (so far).

I Dunno but they looked real to me. I guess you would have noticed if you lost your teeth while caching haha but who knows, some people do strange things.

If one were to look at the photos of a the recent Groundspeak lackeys road trip they might come away with the impression that geocachers were all 20 something, fit, and attractive.

How far from the truth that is. All it takes is for one to attend a few geocaching events to see that most geocachers are actually a bunch of old curmudgeons. Considering the "real" demographics of geocachers it's not all that surprising to me that one might find dentures near GZ while looking for a cache.

I found a stash of heroin while on an FTF hunt in Portugal some years back. Complete with drug dealer circling the block waiting for us to leave so that he could pick up the goods he'd just paid for. The container was exactly the same as one used for a cache I had found earlier in the day so I opened it and tipped it out expecting a log to fall out.

Those things can be uncomfortable to wear, and sometimes people only wear them when they need to and otherwise keep them in a pocket or a purse where they could be dropped without the owner noticing.

My dentist worked long and hard to make mine comfortable. But, when I was visiting my friend in rehab, I noticed people who only put them in to eat. Sad.

To the OP, now my sister won't know where I hid her dentures!

Those things can be uncomfortable to wear, and sometimes people only wear them when they need to and otherwise keep them in a pocket or a purse where they could be dropped without the owner noticing.

My dentist worked long and hard to make mine comfortable. But, when I was visiting my friend in rehab, I noticed people who only put them in to eat. Sad.

To the OP, now my sister won't know where I hid her dentures!

I think some people just never get used to the feeling of having something like that in their mouth all the time, even when it's made very carefully to be as comfortable as possible. And I'm sure there's variation in quality, depending on the type of device.