Garmin Communicator no longer supported

Marilyn@StHelens

I used to use Google Chrome as my browser but it stopped supporting the communicator so I could no longer pop caches onto my GPSr using this.

I moved to Firefox.

Now that no longer supports Garmin Communicator and I am told to use IE.

Well I have Windows 10 and now IE is Microsoft Edge not IE and guess what - it no longer supports Garmin Communicator.

I have no idea how I can get caches onto my GPSr now.

Someone suggested GSAK but I do not want to pay for this facility and besides, I know nothing about GSAK but believe it uses PQs and I do not like to use PQs!

I like to sort out my own caches to do and send them to my GPSr!

Can anyone help me please?

Someone suggested GSAK but I do not want to pay for this facility and besides, I know nothing about GSAK but believe it uses PQs and I do not like to use PQs!

That's exactly what GSAK does, import PQs so you can sort them out and load on your GPS in 1 file. B) (I couldn't live without the ease of using GSAK for organizing, loading, logging... caches and trackables)

Try Firefox to use the communicator plug-in and all will be fine.

While I usually use PQs but sometimes I want to send a single cache or two to my Garmin and I haven't used the plugin in years. Simply click the GPX file button then tell your browser where to save it. You can either save it directly to the [GPS drive]:/Garmin/GPX or save it to your computer and then drag it to the Garmin/GPX folder. Easy and no plugin or other software needed.

I've never used the Garmin Communicator. interesting.

What I've always done is simply hooked my Garmon up to my laptop via USB and copied the GPX file from my queries to the device.

Showing, that once again, with these silly computers, there are multiple ways to do the same thing! silly computers... ;)

While I usually use PQs but sometimes I want to send a single cache or two to my Garmin and I haven't used the plugin in years. Simply click the GPX file button then tell your browser where to save it. You can either save it directly to the [GPS drive]:/Garmin/GPX or save it to your computer and then drag it to the Garmin/GPX folder. Easy and no plugin or other software needed.

As long as the gpsr supports gpx files this is an easy method. I have not used the communicator in a very long time. I don't even think it's installed on my computer. It is possible that the OP has an older unit that might require the communicator. But other than that, there is no need to use it.

I used to use Google Chrome as my browser but it stopped supporting the communicator so I could no longer pop caches onto my GPSr using this.

I moved to Firefox.

Now that no longer supports Garmin Communicator and I am told to use IE.

Well I have Windows 10 and now IE is Microsoft Edge not IE and guess what - it no longer supports Garmin Communicator.

I have no idea how I can get caches onto my GPSr now.

Can anyone help me please?

I had same issue although not yet to Windows 10 I still have 8 so I went back to Internet explorer and it works just fine for me.