Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Manville Possum

Waymarkers Roll Call

40 posts in this topic

I live in South West Virginia near North East Tennessee. I started Waymarking in 2008 and most of my published Waymarks are within 30 miles of my home. My most visited Waymarks are in Cherokee, North Carolina where I visit the Great Smoky Moutains National Park a few times a year.

My Waymarking interests are History, old cemeterys, and veterans monuments. My least favorite are commerical listings and phone booths. :laughing:

My first passion would be benchmarks followed by railroad anything and cemeteries. By occupation, I am a family history researcher. The vast majority of my published waymarks are from travels outside of my home province of Ontario. I visit waymarks four times more often than I post waymarks. I enjoy many of the commercial categories. The phone booth square on my grid is still empty.

I live in Northwest Switzerland, about three kilometers from the French border and about six from Germany. These three countries are my primary Waymarking zone and about three of four of my waymarks are not more than 60 kilometers from home.

Other strong areas are the larger cities of the German speaking part of Switzerland, the northern part of the Italian speaking part of the country, the alpine regions in Grisons, Bern and Valais and a handful of waymarks in northwestern Greece. Wherever business, family or holidays lead me.

My favorite categories are Castles, Train Stations, City Halls, Covered Bridges, Monuments, Museums, and Nature and History in General. I just got my 500th post approved in the Austrian and Swiss National Heritage Sites category.

I absolutely do not like the commercial categories and the like, but the urge to fill the grid is stronger. :blink:

I am usually a bout four months back with posting. In my backlog are currently waymarks from the last still missing region of Switzerland and my first ones from Italy, as well as four or five new icons.

I visit all waymarks I can, but there are not many left in my area that are not my own.

I live on the very southern tip of Vancouver Island, in the southwestern corner of the Canadian province of British Columbia. My Waymarking has been limited almost exclusively to the southern half of Vancouver Island, with the exception of some overseas vacations and a few days travelling across BC and part of Alberta.

I started Waymarking in 2013, but had been geocaching since 2009. There had been a few prolific Waymarkers in my area back near the beginning (they're no longer actively Waymarking), which meant there were ~1000 Waymarks within about 30 km of home, so I started out with doing a lot of visiting. As I've started to run out of Waymarks to visit and as my interests evolved, I've started doing more posting. I have a backlog of probably a few hundred Waymarks to post, which I will likely be able to catch up on over the fall and winter.

My interests are varied, so it's hard to pick out a discrete list of categories as favourites. I guess the ones I tend to focus on more than others would be Free Community Book Exchanges, Canadian Benchmarks, Electric Car Charging Stations, Firehouses, and Outside Wooden Display Carvings (particularly totem poles, being a region with rich and widespread First Nations influence). I also like the various railway-related categories, but the rail infrastructure is very limited on the island and I don't get many opportunities to post or visit. I've posted many times in the various commercial categories, but I've also passed by many opportunities to take photos, so I wouldn't call them my favourites.

Southwest Missouri Ozarks. I started in 2012 by visiting tons of interesting (and sometimes difficult to get to) Waymarks, and thought that I'd never get into actually posting new ones. Then I got bit by the bug.

History, history, and more history. And my categories reflect that. Cemeteries. Interesting markers therein. Country Churches (some of them sitting idle). Former Schools (ditto, plus some converted to homes, etc.). Anything nostalgic.

(And I work in a leading edge high tech industry -- so go figure!)

Also, anything that you can already find on topo maps, such as fire stations. (But then our daughter is a first responder / fire fighter, so that's a double on those.)

Why I do it? I love visiting these things, and I love documenting them to preserve the history.

Edit: BTW, my current avatar reflects my real last name, and the last letter of my handle.

Edited by MountainWoods

I live in the City of Shoalhaven in southern New South Wales which is a collection of towns & villages, farms, national parks, state forests & beaches. I became interested in Waymarking via Geocaching Australia which still supports Locationless caches. I prefer travelling in rural areas & will waymark as much of a town as I can. I own a 4 wheel drive ute, a swag & a tent. Cemeteries & dated buildings are probably my favourites. I am always pleased to see a town which has dated buildings & disappointed when there are few. Until I started Waymarking I thought Dunkin' Donuts was a just a line from the movie Love Actually.

Manville Possum Hunters, thank you so much for starting this thread. The diversity is impressive.

I live in Faro, Algarve, and I create WM's wherever I go in the world. Of course, some categories I like more, some others I try to create just one WM for the records.

We live in Ottawa, Ontario - the capital of Canada. We started Waymarking seriously after we retired as we wanted to sightsee when we were travelling. We like ghost signs, zinc headstones, peace poles, cemeteries, roadside attractions, historical markers, Olympic sites. We haven't posted too many waymarks (prefer to visit them) as we already spend too much time at the computer as we have an internet business.

I was introduced to Waymarking in June 2011 by bootron at a Geocaching Mega Event in Austria. Sean really set me on fire. Our small group talked about an hour about Waymarking, then we got the old Waymarking coin as present, so I remember this day as a very great day. Thanks Sean! The next day I took my camera and started to take pictures of everything, I remember it was raining and I took my umbrella with me. It was so exciting to be one of the first who plays the game here in Bavaria. I learned so much through Waymarking, my English got better (about 100%)/is getting better daily. I'm living in the south of Bavaria, Germany (about one hour south from Munich). I love all kind of art, history things and churches (I don't waymark commercial things). I'm an officer in many categories which takes a lot of time, but often Waymarks a created with so much love that I really want to review them in a nice time frame.

For us, it began with a group of three benchmarks in July of 2012. They were in a tight little group on a railway bridge in our hometown. We were likely out looking for a cache at the time. Dunno why else we might have been there. At the time I didn't even know what they were, but thought they were mighty interesting. Once we realized what they were, B remembered that there was something at Geocaching about benchmarks. Checked that out, discovered Waymarking and went on a hunt for benchmarks. Ended up posting something like 75 one day.

Shortly after we realized that we had a lot of pix from a trip through Alberta and Saskatchewan, most particularly of grain elevators. Posted a whole mess of elevators and we were off and running. Starting right at home we waymarked absolutely everything that was nailed down, which led to ever longer trips afield, constantly expanding our "Already Waymarked" area.

We've long since run out of benchmarks in the vicinity, but still look for them on every trip. B is into things like new state and province Geocaching souvenirs and new categories, both of which tend to expand our Waymarking trips into true odysseys. We'll sometimes go a few hundred kliks out of our way if there's a new category there. Example: Our most recent trip was to the Maritimes, during which we went north from St. John, NB to Fredericton solely because the capitol building had been missed by previous Waymarkers and we didn't have one. That foray did, however, garner a zillion more waymarks that will take us a year to get to.

Over time our Waymarking tastes have turned toward things old. The older the better - cemeteries, churches, buildings, towns, even elevators (finally waymarked the oldest commercial elevator in Alberta a little while ago). This made our Maritimes trip an especially enjoyable one. Where we live, in southern BC (about 7 km. north of the 49th), OLD is late 1800s. In the Maritimes we visited towns settled in the beginning of the 17th century, one of which was the first permanent settlement north of Florida, settled in 1605. Canso, NS claims to have been settled in 1604.

All that isn't to say that we're above doing a drive by of a Golden Arches or a Timmy's (well, not a Timmy's - we're usually in getting coffee and Timbits). When we have the time and we're in a small town we'll often do the whole town, everything from the churches and cemeteries to the civic buildings, memorials, murals, artwork, anything that has a category. Our real targets, however, tend to be old cemeteries and churches (once got 35 waymarks from a church, missing one [the church's organ] that we still have to go back one day and get), historic and heritage markers, firsts and superlatives, war memorials and provincial/state and national heritage sites.

When we arrived back home after this last trip we discovered that we had taken just over 25,700 pix. As of now we prolly have somewhere between 2,500 and 4,000 waymarks to post yet. Guess I'd better get back at it...

PIX - that reminds me of what happened to one of our cameras on the trip...

It was a Canon G12, a darned good (and expensive) camera. I had given it to B for Christmas 2 or 3 years ago and it had become her main camera. We're shooting away, approaching the New Brunswick-Maine border when I spot the border monument just ahead and ask B to get some pix of it. Snap...Snap..."OH Crap, its OUT OF FOCUS!!!". Right there at the border the lens quit focusing and has refused to move thereafter. Needless to say, our first stop in Maine was the Wally World electronics department in Houghton.

We've been so busy with actual Waymarking that it's been quite a while since we've even taken time out to update our blog. Shameful!

Edited by BK-Hunters

i - c - onions... I used to work for a school district here in the Kansas City area and the building I worked at was Indian Creek, hence, IC for Indian Creek and Onions is my last name. My lovely daughter, a recent graduate of Pittsburg State, designed my "icy" onion icon back when she was still in high school. I'm pretty proud of that little icon. I live in a suburb of Kansas City - Olathe, Kansas, but I work in downtown Kansas City, Missouri. This is why these two states will always be neck and neck in the number of posts I make.

I started Waymarking right after the Virtuals and Reverse geocaches were eliminated in '08. I did a couple and then didn't pick up the game again until '10 when I only waymarked when it was too hot or cold to geocache. I really started to waymark full time in 12 or 13 when I just really got bored with all of the micro geocaches.

My usual modus operadi is to find a National Register Historic District, print off the properties within it, then photograph said district with my Nikon and plot the waymark on my good ole eTrex Legend. It's good exercise for me and my helper who is usually my wife. Almost 1/3rd of my posts are Contributing Buildings. I'll keep an eye out for unusual things like Odd Fellows lodges, benchmarks, monuments, etc. I usually will take between 200 and 400 pictures on one of my jaunts and it usually takes several weeks to get a trip written up. I also love to explore old cemeteries. The art, architecture, and history contained within these cemeteries are just outstanding!

I have gotten to communicate with excellent people because of Waymarking and even have met ole MountainWoods in person at his lovely ranch in southwestern Missouri. I like to tease BruceS that I like to fill his inbox with visits because invariably I am finding his waymarks when travelling through Missouri.

Western Oregon here.

Posted the first waymark in the state after the site got out of beta I think, so I am an early adopter.

San Diego here. I learned about Waymarking when I was looking for directions online to a particular park....and up popped a Waymark for the Park. I had no idea what it was ...but as I investigated the site I realized I had found the perfect hobby for my pending retirement. I needed a hobby that got me active. Well...as many of you have probably experienced... yes, Waymarking keeps you active some days...but I spend a lot of other time in front of my computer posting WMs.

Nevertheless, the game meshes with my self-diagnosed OCD,

My first WM was a Russian Orthodox church in Seattle.

Since I retired...I have been very lucky to be able to do a lot of traveling....and the game enhances the travel experience for me...and I learn so much when I get home and start researching what I saw.

I'm from Orange County, California right in the middle of San Diego and Los Angeles. If you have ever watched The Real Housewives of Orange County, I live near the same street that enters their gated comunitiy. I travel a few times a year and waymark along the way, duh! :) I've will be caching for 9 years coming up this December. I've been actively Waymarking since April 2010 after discovering weblinks on geocaching.com in 2009. I'm currently a college student in my hometown, where I hope to get a degree in geology after transferring to a four-year university on the east coast. I also enjoy creating earthcaches. To date, I've created close to 40 earthcaches in 2 continents, and 5 states. I also own the southern most geocache and waymark in the United States in South Point, Hawaii. I'm about to reach my 3,000th find on geocaching.com very soon.

I am also an eagle scout, just earned mine earlier this year actually. My eagle scout project was designing and constructing a permanent geocaching course at a county park. So far, the feedback seems pretty good!

I enjoy geocaching, as it brings me to new places to waymark. I enjoy Waymarking as I enjoy history. They go hand in hand. My other hobbies include aviation. I have a youtube channel (bluesnote1) with a ton of aviation videos I filmed myself as well as some GoPro videos from my adventures and travels. It's kinda hard trying to waymark, film, and geocache all at the same place at the same time, but I make the most of it.

bluesnote

(Adam)

I'm from Orange County, California right in the middle of San Diego and Los Angeles. If you have ever watched The Real Housewives of Orange County, I live near the same street that enters their gated comunitiy. I travel a few times a year and waymark along the way, duh! :) I've will be caching for 9 years coming up this December. I've been actively Waymarking since April 2010 after discovering weblinks on geocaching.com in 2009. I'm currently a college student in my hometown, where I hope to get a degree in geology after transferring to a four-year university on the east coast. I also enjoy creating earthcaches. To date, I've created close to 40 earthcaches in 2 continents, and 5 states. I also own the southern most geocache and waymark in the United States in South Point, Hawaii. I'm about to reach my 3,000th find on geocaching.com very soon.

I am also an eagle scout, just earned mine earlier this year actually. My eagle scout project was designing and constructing a permanent geocaching course at a county park. So far, the feedback seems pretty good!

I enjoy geocaching, as it brings me to new places to waymark. I enjoy Waymarking as I enjoy history. They go hand in hand. My other hobbies include aviation. I have a youtube channel (bluesnote1) with a ton of aviation videos I filmed myself as well as some GoPro videos from my adventures and travels. It's kinda hard trying to waymark, film, and geocache all at the same place at the same time, but I make the most of it.

bluesnote

(Adam)

hi Adam....next time you come to central San Diego and have some time.... I'd like to learn about geocaching.... I've never looked for one. Perhaps you can show me how its done. Also, if you have a Waymark sticker...we could post visits in that category.

Ed (Metro2)

I live near St. Charles, Missouri which is about 25 miles west of St. Louis. I started Waymarking in early 2006. I had been very active with Geocaching for a few years and had been an early find leader. (2nd person in world to find 1,000 caches and 1st or 2nd to find 2,000 and 3,000 caches) After I found my 5,000th in December 2005 I stopped completely. About a month later I was in Lincoln, Nebraska and had several hours to "kill" while my daughter of attending some pre-college orientations at Nebraska Wesleyan University and I decided to try out this Waymarking thing. My first Waymark was in the Photos Then and Now category for Old Main at Nebraska Wesleyan. At that time I traveled extensively around the U.S. for work thus was able to post Waymarks from those travels along with those from personal travels. As most know I post mostly history, architecture or art related Waymarks.

My Waymarking was greatly curtailed about 20 months ago when I was diagnosed with stage 3 rectal cancer. The cancer along with its treatment were pretty rough on my body and mind. I no longer have any cancer detected in my body but still have some significant lingering side effects from the treatment. The most significant chemotherapy side effect impacting my Waymarking is neuropathy (loss of feeling) in my fingers and feet thus greatly reducing my ability to type and to walk as much as I used to.

To help rebuild my body I have gone back to one of earlier hobbies, long distance cycling, but now not with a bicycle but with a tricycle as I don't have to put my feet down when I come to a stop. During this past summer I completed four week long cycling tours. (I need to get the hundreds of Waymarks from those tours posted someday).

After a medical setback earlier this fall I am back to rebuilding my body and preparing for my next adventure. Beginning in April 2016 I am riding my trike across the U.S. from Yorktown, Virginia to Astoria, Oregon (about 4,300 miles or 6,900 km). The route is through rural and small town America. As expected I will have a camera and gps along. I am sure I will have a few Waymarks to post once I have completed the ride.

I have titled my ride as a Ride for Hope, Health and Discovery. Hope for other cancer survivors and people with an ostomies (I have two) that they too can do extraordinary things with preparation and planning. Health for obvious reasons but particularly to educate that colon/rectal cancer is preventable with timely screening. Discovery which is what Waymarking has always been for me, opening ones eyes to the world around me, photographing those discoveries and sharing them as Waymarks for others.

Edited by BruceS

... I am sure I will have a few Waymarks to post once I have completed the ride. ...

A few. Ha! Only if a couple of hundred is a few, I guess.

Good to hear from you, and hang in there. We're all praying for you. That tricycle looks interesting to me.

We started out as Geocachers, getting into it because of someone we met a a party. It was a quickly arranged potluck, when a friend found out she wasn't going home for the holidays. After running out of geocaches that were at all close, or where we travelled, things got pretty slow for awhile. They picked up some as caches were archived and new ones went in. Last October I started looking at Waymarks, don't know why. I remembered the virtual caches and benchmarks we did as geocaches. I tried out how to do it by posting a sign about a train crash. It took weeks for it to get published, so I didn't try anymore until it did. After getting used to some of the odd things about posting, like the coordinates disappearing unless you converted, I started doing more. There were very few way marks in the area so posting was the only option. I like taking photos. The National Historic Register is my top category. I can research a town and make a list of the churches and other buildings and then go find them. I am leery of private homes unless they have signs in front of them. State historic signs and cemeteries are next. I have been investigating different categories and try to find them, over 300 now. I found statistics and so am trying to maintain a streak and fill all the days of the year. (Any more compulsive things out there?) Things like one room school houses are a treat to find and I have been going after electric charging stations, a new one just went in nearby. I am amazed at how many old bells I find. We got a new camera that records the gps location, but there are some things to be careful of, like having it show the location of the last place. We are having to travel an hour away now, so I don't know how long the streak will last. We find that we can geocache and waymark too, if we go to new areas. It is easier to use the software/hardware to find caches than it is to find way marks. I would like to have a map of way marks like the cache map. The way I sort of do a map is to go to the cache map, find a cache and find nearest way marks. Nearest way marks not mine would help in some places. Haven't found a good way of listing all current way marks in a city to use to find them. We don't have a web connection except at home.

NEW ENGLAND

Started Geocaching while in vacation in my home state of Oregon, visiting family. But, quickly stumbled on Waymarking, and helped develop some of the early categories before group management was launched.

The was a short period in Ohio, and then nearly five years in Korea where Waymarking is pretty much unknown. Some traveling in Asia, and the UK added dimensions to the Waymarking portfolio. Over this time I've created several dozen categories and have helped others launch their own, and served as officer in many others. Along the way, I have worked with some wonderful people, but have met only a few in person.

Looks as if I will be in New England for awhile. Events of this past year have curtailed my Waymarking activities, but the pace is at least normalizing so that I should be able to keep a more regular schedule to get a little more of my backlog posted and keep up with management.

Overall, Waymarking has been a tremendously enriching hobby and has changed a lot of the way I view and experience the world.

I live in South West Virginia near North East Tennessee. I started Waymarking in 2008 and most of my published Waymarks are within 30 miles of my home. My most visited Waymarks are in Cherokee, North Carolina where I visit the Great Smoky Moutains National Park a few times a year.

My Waymarking interests are History, old cemeterys, and veterans monuments. My least favorite are commerical listings and phone booths. :laughing:

I just found out they had a forum. After 6yrs of part time geocaching I came across the forum??any way Im glad I am here...

I just found out they had a forum. After 6yrs of part time geocaching I came across the forum??any way Im glad I am here...

I see that you've visited 3 Waymarks but haven't posted any yet. That's a great start. I visited quite a few waymarks (at the time thinking that I would never get into posting any), before I finally gave in and started posting new waymarks. I really enjoy doing both.

Welcome to Waymarking. Hope you have a lot of fun with it like I have.

I know I have caught myself saying way points, and not way markers. Anyway I will be more active this time around in geocaching,and find more way markers...

Thks for having me...

We are from Garland TX, which is a suburb of Dallas -- but we do get around a fair bit, so we have waymarks from lots of places!

My husband Daddy Blaster discovered geocaching when our girls Younger and Older Sister Blaster were little, but had to confine his caching to business trips because I was not willing to take anybody miles out into the woods who were not (1) walking (2) reliably on the potty and who (3) put EVERYTHING into their mouths. Seriously, my kids ate yard mushrooms and calla lilies, marbles, and dead bugs, although I SWEAR I fed them regularly. 1-800-POISON-1 is STILL engraved in my memory from those long-ago little toddler days.

So instead of going caching with the little girls, we compromised on benchmark hunting -- pretty urban, nothing to find and eat, no toys to fight over out of caches or swallow, etc. Once everyone was reliably on the potty, walking, over the putting-everything-in-their-mouths thing, and could resist toys that were choking hazards for the baby, we could go caching!

We discovered Waymarking when Groundspeak knocked of virtual caches, which were always some of our favorites. Our first waymarks were from a trip the girls and I took to Avery Island LA. We thought WMing was interesting, but our primary focus was still benchmark hunting and caching.

Over the last several years, while Daddy still loves caching best, he has become more supportive and interested in Waymarking. As I close in on 1000 ategories and 5000 waymarks posted, I have decided that I am primarily a waymarker now, and a benchmark hunter second. Girls still love caching and finding benchmarks, and enjoy the WM history categories.

I love posting WMs because it gives me a chance to write, and research, and share knowledge with others. AND I get to take A LOT of pictures, which I love to do anyway!

I live wherever I am but I take my slumber in Corinth, TX, a suburb north of Dallas/Fort Worth, in Denton County.

I discovered Waymarking by way of my hobby of photography. I was an avid poster to panoramio.com and saw a fellow poster's caption using the word waymark and holding a GPRs, of which I had never heard or seen. That was April 2010. I have about 100 posts and 1,500 visits.

My favorite categories are Neon Signs, Donut Shops (I like round sweet cakes with holes in the middle) Lucky 7, Vintage Gas Stations and Vintage Theaters.

I enjoy Waymarking.com as a way to catalog my photographs along with coordinates and dates. The organizational aspect appeals to me.

After a medical setback earlier this fall I am back to rebuilding my body and preparing for my next adventure. Beginning in April 2016 I am riding my trike across the U.S. from Yorktown, Virginia to Astoria, Oregon (about 4,300 miles or 6,900 km). The route is through rural and small town America. As expected I will have a camera and gps along. I am sure I will have a few Waymarks to post once I have completed the ride.

I have titled my ride as a Ride for Hope, Health and Discovery. Hope for other cancer survivors and people with an ostomies (I have two) that they too can do extraordinary things with preparation and planning. Health for obvious reasons but particularly to educate that colon/rectal cancer is preventable with timely screening. Discovery which is what Waymarking has always been for me, opening ones eyes to the world around me, photographing those discoveries and sharing them as Waymarks for others.

Well I am back. I finished my trip this past Saturday. It ended up being a little longer than I originally planned. Instead of stopping in Astoria, Oregon as planned I decided to ride back to my home in St. Charles, Missouri. My trip back I roughly followed the route of Lewis and Clark. I rode a total of over 6,900 miles (11,100 km). I did take a few photos along the way though most were not for potential waymarks.

Well I am back. I finished my trip this past Saturday. It ended up being a little longer than I originally planned. Instead of stopping in Astoria, Oregon as planned I decided to ride back to my home in St. Charles, Missouri. My trip back I roughly followed the route of Lewis and Clark. I rode a total of over 6,900 miles (11,100 km). I did take a few photos along the way though most were not for potential waymarks.

Welcome home Bruce!!!! :smile: Congratulations on completing your journey(s). I am sure that all those miles and your experiences along the way has affected you in profound ways. :) I have enjoyed following along on facebook. Very inspiring.

We missed you here Bruce, good to have you back. :antenna:

I have been a little worried since the blogs stopped. Welcome home.

I have been a little worried since the blogs stopped. Welcome home.

I got into so many places where I did not have decent internet that I fell behind and about that time I kicked up my mileage each day thus didn't have much time for writing. I will be posting the missing days to blog in the upcoming weeks.

Seems this roll call thread has turned into a welcome home for Bruce. It's been over a year since I first posted it, so can a moderator please close this thread?

Thanks to all who responded to the original topic. :)

Seems this roll call thread has turned into a welcome home for Bruce. It's been over a year since I first posted it, so can a moderator please close this thread?

In my opinion the thread could stay open, it's a good possibility for new Waymarkers (or old ones) to introduce themself.

*off topic: Welcome Bruce back fits in all threads* :laughing:

In my opinion the thread could stay open, it's a good possibility for new Waymarkers (or old ones) to introduce themself.

Welcome back Bruce should have it's own thread. :)

When I started this thread I was looking to see how many active Waymarkers there was in the forums, after a year it's ran it's course for me so if a moderator will, please close this thread.

Thank you.

Welcome back Bruce should have it's own thread. :)

When I started this thread I was looking to see how many active Waymarkers there was in the forums, after a year it's ran it's course for me so if a moderator will, please close this thread.

Thank you.

Sorry I did not mean to divert this thread. I only posted in this thread as it was in my original post in the tread that I mentioned my trip as it was upcoming at the time and I used a quote from that post. I was checking back in saying I am here again.

Thread can now go back to Waymarkers introducing themselves.

I'm from the Minho Province in northern Portugal and that is where i post most of my waymarks. I started Waymarking in 2009 and never stopped until the end of last year when ha had to stop, for personal and professional reasons I stopped have time to be able to be at the computer posting waymarks. The little time that i have i use it to approve waymarks in the categories where I am officer.

Today finally got back to post, got about a dozen waymarks submitted. :D

I try to post at least one waymark in each category trying to fill the grid.

My favorit categories are the ones related to monuments, history and architecture.

At this time i help as officer in about 30 categories.

I'm from the Minho Province in northern Portugal and that is where i post most of my waymarks. I started Waymarking in 2009 and never stopped until the end of last year when ha had to stop, for personal and professional reasons I stopped have time to be able to be at the computer posting waymarks. The little time that i have i use it to approve waymarks in the categories where I am officer.

My favorit categories are the ones related to monuments, history and architecture.

Great to have you back. :grin:

Bem vindo de volta, amigo

Great to have you back. :grin:

Thank you :)

Bem vindo de volta, amigo

Obrigado :)

I live in Bethany Oklahoma, an internal suburb of Oklahoma City. I am retired US Air Force electronic tech. Started Waymarking a few years ago, go upset that most of my waymark submissions were being disapproved (not having non-required info). Finally decided to start up again, and made sure that I was making my submissions the best I could.

My wife was into documenting headstones in cemeteries, so I did a lot of them and Woodmen of the World markers. Now I'm working on getting at least one waymark in every category on the grid that I can. I also like the history categories and don't care much for the commercial ones. I'd like to see more challenge categories, like Lucky 7, ISS Sightings.