Local Government Parks and Recreation Areas

This category whould fill the gap between State/Provincial parks and municipal parks which both have their own categories.

This would cover -

County parks

Township parks (Michigan)

Departmental parks (France)

What else?

Do you feel there is a need?

I'm on the fence about this. On the one hand, I'm not sure if we need to be able to Waymark every single park in the entire world. On the other hand, we do already have a category for the generally-less-important Municipal Parks, so there is justification for filling in this hole.

In my area (the western-Canadian province of British Columbia) the political subdivision between the province and municipal levels is the "regional district", with the parks managed by them being "regional parks". I live in the Capital Regional District, which has about 25 regional parks.

There is NO need for a new category since one exists as a catch-all category called Public Access Lands. I'm an officer in this category and we approve any government park and recreation area that doesn't fit into other existing categories.

Next topic?

That's great to hear. I had no idea county-equivalent-level parks were accepted in that category. If you can, it would be great if these could be added to the list in the expanded description. I know it isn't supposed to be exhaustive, but currently it doesn't mention anything like county parks, township parks, etc. In fact, it doesn't use the term "park" at all.

Areas that will qualify for this category include (but are not necessarily limited to): National forest, State forest, State game lands, wildlife management areas, nature preserves/refuges, nature conservancy areas and general public use lands.

This opens up a whole new world of park Waymarking for me!

That's great to hear. I had no idea county-equivalent-level parks were accepted in that category. If you can, it would be great if these could be added to the list in the expanded description. I know it isn't supposed to be exhaustive, but currently it doesn't mention anything like county parks, township parks, etc. In fact, it doesn't use the term "park" at all.

Areas that will qualify for this category include (but are not necessarily limited to): National forest, State forest, State game lands, wildlife management areas, nature preserves/refuges, nature conservancy areas and general public use lands.

This opens up a whole new world of park Waymarking for me!

County parks are already accepted into Municipal Parks. From the Municipal Parks and Plazas Description:

"For the U.S. county parks are also acceptable."

The Public Access Lands category could probably use some tweaking with the description to make it read better and leave less confusion for the potential submitter. I don't have that capability as an officer but will try reaching out to the leader -- it is one of those 'tucked-away-up-on-the-top-shelf' categories that 90% of Waymarkers don't know about but has the potential to accept many more submissions around the world than people realize.