Route 66

I am in the early stages of planning a trip along Route 66 from Chicago to Los Angeles. GPS routing software generally tries to route along Interstates, which is not what I was hoping to do. As I plan to geocache along the way I was hoping to find some routes that follow Route 66 already published by other geocachers. I did a search for routes , but I can't locate and group that cover the entire Route 66. Does anyone have a set of routes (broken into "caches along a route" segments) that have been created that they would like to share?

Edited by Nonsuch30

When I do this, I use Google Maps to draw the "default" route and then drag the blue line onto the roads I want to take. Then I feed my version of the route into the PQ generator.

When I am ready to drive the route I make a list of caches on my route and feed them into my car GPS one at a time so it takes me on my route rather than the default.

When I do this, I use Google Maps to draw the "default" route and then drag the blue line onto the roads I want to take. Then I feed my version of the route into the PQ generator.

When I am ready to drive the route I make a list of caches on my route and feed them into my car GPS one at a time so it takes me on my route rather than the default.

Thanks for the tip. One of the reasons that I was hoping that someone might have already done this is that the actual Route 66 no longer exists in some places or has a different name - so looking at Google Maps or Apple Maps etc. doesn't help locating the route and I didn't want to duplicate something that may have already been created.