Troll logs

timpaton

I own one cache, which has been hidden for about 3 years, visited ~150 times, favourited 9.

The last several weeks I've been getting repeated "visits" by users with obscene usernames, writing inane obscenities in the online log.

I'm not sure what to do about this. So far, I'm just deleting each log as I see it - and a few days later, another near-identical post from a near-identical user appears.

I assume it's the same person who has, for some reason, decided to troll my cache.

What can I do about it? Is there somebody to report it to? Get a troublemaking IP address blocked? Put the cache on moderation until my friend gets over it and finds something else to do with their spare time?

Thanks,

TimPaton

I own one cache, which has been hidden for about 3 years, visited ~150 times, favourited 9.

The last several weeks I've been getting repeated "visits" by users with obscene usernames, writing inane obscenities in the online log.

I'm not sure what to do about this. So far, I'm just deleting each log as I see it - and a few days later, another near-identical post from a near-identical user appears.

I assume it's the same person who has, for some reason, decided to troll my cache.

What can I do about it? Is there somebody to report it to? Get a troublemaking IP address blocked? Put the cache on moderation until my friend gets over it and finds something else to do with their spare time?

Thanks,

TimPaton

Contact Groundspeak. Cite the username.

Reporting Abusive Posts or Correspondence

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=238349

B.

I found offensive messages in the actual log of a cache I found. They appeared to refer to another cacher(s) but I didn't really have time to investigate it. I was tempted to remove the page as it just seemed randomly abusive but decided to leave it for the CO and wrote on a separate page.

You could also consider becoming a Premium member and make it a Premium Member Only cache. It would be a shame to have to do that because it would exclude many basic members but it would reduce the chances of your cache listing being attacked in that way.

Since it may be always the same person doing this, (s)he already knows where the cache is AND may be aware of the method of logging PM caches as a member.