Travel bug not moving

Chocolate Lundi

Hi, one of our trackables has been retrieved by another geocacher but sadly they are not logging it as being visited in any caches that they've found recently. The trackable in question is called Floreat Salopia, feel free to take a look at the page. We are in the UK and the TB is currently in Australia, it was retrieved on 27/02/15 and its had two visits to caches, the last visit being 01/04/2015. The geocachers who retrieved it have found a few caches since retrieval, their last cache find was 06/07/2015.

We were wondering, what is the etiquette for this matter? Is it considered bad manners to get in contact with them to kindly ask them if its still in their possession? Do I just leave it and patiently hope it moves on?

Many thanks

Yeah, like the few earlier than this, most of the "took it to" folks we've noticed can't help but log pages of visit logs with others trackables.

Must be using a phone, hasn't logged into the site since May.

Holding a coin since April too.

A simple, "Thanks for moving it around a bit, mind dropping it in a cache?" can't hurt as a reminder to move it along (if they still have it).

Edited by cerberus1

Personally, in this situation, I drop the purported holder of the TB a friendly note saying that you would appreciate if they would kindly drop the TB in a nearby cache, even if a previously found cache, so that it can continue on its mission... or something along those lines. Good luck.

Edited by CV Kurt

If I pick up a TB I will not "dip" it in caches that I find, unless that is part of it's mission. I really don't want mine dipped in caches either, and only logged into caches it is actually placed in. I feel the visited option is for my personal use to dip my trackables that I will never place in a cache.

If a TB owner did contact me and ask me to please move their TB that I am holding I would place it in just any cache and not use my good judgement of finding a safe cache to place it in. :anitongue:

I had a geocoin what was supposed to go to Alaska. One guy picked it up and kept it forever (over six months, if I remember rightly). He kept visiting with it all over the place. I finally asked him to place it somewhere so it could continue on its mission, and he seemed quite put out. He did drop it in a cache and it promptly disappeared.

Please remember that if the person is using an iOS phone, and the free app, there is NO support for trackables at this point. Even though it has been years in development, apparently that part is not a priority. It may be that the person holding the trackable is as frustrated by this missing feature as you are in not being able to see it move!!!