Snow Friendly Caches in NJ

briansnat

The previous snowfalls made things difficult, but not impossible. Today's dump will make geocaching pretty tough for at least a week or two, so I thought we could start a list of snow friendly caches in the area. By that,I mean caches that wouldn't be real difficult to find in the snow. Maybe they're in trees, under park benches, whatever. I haven't given the subject much thought yet, but I'll go through my finds/hides to come up with a few.

Anybody else????

A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away. -Barry Goldwater

OK, I'll be the first to brazenly promote my own cache. I think both intermediate stages should be fine and the normal ATV activity in the area should make footprints a moot point.

The final stage may be affected by the snow, but I would not be surprised if the location is already dug out by midday.

I don't know whether I would call it a snow friendly cache. The snow is likely to disguise the nasty parts of the terrain.

Also, after reading Helmut's log, I picked up Weird NJ #16 and read the stories about this area (aka Button's Wood). I'm not sure I want to make any more visits there myself icon_eek.gif

Let's see what csches I can think of that are snow friendly, even with 2ft of the white stuff on the ground.

The Good King's Troll's Bane is probably nice and dry, I'd just like to see you get there.

The two money caches hidden by Mr. Magoo could probably be found.

The Virtual Caches on and near Sandy Hook should be easy to get also.

You could probably find the cache the Brian Snat hide during a soccer game too.

TNeigel has a couple hides near Allaire and Manasquan Reservoir that should be accessible, or at least not snow covered. If you have snow shoes, these will be really fun.

The Princeton Basin Cache is probably available and not covered by snow.

Feature Cache on Baldpate mountain is probably not covered with show, but this is another one that I'd like to see you get to.

Alright folks, get out there icon_smile.gif

Indeed, I didnt want to *toot* my own horn, but tx Team Ekitt10 for the kind post. The 2 Magoo Missing Money caches (although i havent been to check) should be just fine for some snow cachers out there. There both within 500 feet of parking as well so no long hikes through the fluff. Team Ekitt10's Where George cache might not be to bad and should be a short walk from the car. Wonder how "Where George Exchange" & "Joe Blow" did with the recently snowplowings. They might also be in good shape and a short walk.

"Problems are merely opportunities for interesting solutions which can be implemented by those with the courage to be different."

Four I can think of that should be doable with the snow (although the drive/parking parts may be a challenge) are:

Once Mighty Keychain Cache should be findable unless we get several more feet of snow.

EverGlades should also be findable even with the recent snows.

Lame Roadside Cache #1 may still be findable.

Magoo's Missing Money #2 would still be findable.

I'll keep an eye on this thread as I'd like to get out hiking in the snow again this weekend and geocaching's a good an excuse as any!

I went through my list and there are really quite a few that are not likely to be buried. Not all of the following are easy, but I think they could all be found now.

Walkin the Dog, Doris Dukes Birdland 1 & 2, Piece of the Puzzle #2, Palisades #7- Devils Tower, Elven Cache, Home, The Old Cornish Farm and The Cornish House Mystery.

You get a money back guarantee with these.