Why Unlock ?

dcj99b

Hi

I've completed several Wherigo cartridges and alway log them through my PC at home.

I type in the CODE, sometimes have to remove the last few characters.

But what do I get for unlocking???

It doesn't seem to show up on any logs.

Thanks for your help. Derek

On Wherigo.com, you don't get any stat for unlocking; the cart has a "completion" number.

Some carts are set up such that if you unlock them, you can download the source file. Useful for seeing how something was done. This was probably used more when Wherigo was new. I expect now, most cart writers are using the available tutorials.

I believe the Wherigo Foundation site offers more stats for users and carts.

Edited by Isonzo Karst

That's correct. Wherigo.com doesn't offer much of an incentive. The WF site begins to offer something for completing a cartridge. The full plan will come into play only when the WF.Player is set up to send to the site a track log of your playthrough and both the site and API are run by the Wherigo Foundation. For example, trophies based on how you played a cartridge, author-defined achievements, and an automated author-controlled (via code) online leaderboard (visible on the cartridge description page) for some cartridges.