62S

Is there any way to remove the caches on the 62S without having to work me way through the directories after the computer sees the GPS.[...]

Yes, there is a way using a GSAK macro:

#*******************************************
# MacVersion = 1.0
# MacDescription = Erase Gpx files on Garmin
# MacAuthor = HHL
# MacFileName = EraseGPX.gsk
# MacUrl =
#*******************************************
# Searching for the Garmin GPS
# Use the GPSInfo("GarminPath") function which returns the path to GarminDevice.xml

$result=GPSInfo("GarminPath")

$Model = "GPS"

IF FileExists($result)
$Drive = Extract($result,":",1)
 	# MSGOK Msg="$Drive"
ELSE
MSGOK Msg="GPSr not detected"
ENDIF

FILEERASE File="$Drive:/Garmin/Gpx/*.*

CAUTION: this deletes ALL Gpx files from your Garmin (ie: caches, tracks, waypoints)

Hans

Edited by HHL

The boat was really missed on newer units. On my Magellan Meridian I could zap each cache as it was found or zap a group of caches I had previously loaded and named. You could have hundreds ( thousands ) of named files holding 500 caches each and on a 2G card you could have detail maps of the whole U.S. and still have room for 14,000,000 caches.....you could travel for months and never need a computer.

Its a shame that flexibility was lost.

The boat was really missed on newer units. On my Magellan Meridian I could zap each cache as it was found or zap a group of caches I had previously loaded and named. You could have hundreds ( thousands ) of named files holding 500 caches each and on a 2G card you could have detail maps of the whole U.S. and still have room for 14,000,000 caches.....you could travel for months and never need a computer.

Its a shame that flexibility was lost.

What is the need to delete them? When found they disappear from view. It is not hurting anything with them still being on the unit.

The point of my post appears to not have been clear. This has nothing do with deleting them as I find them. It only has to do with the hassle of once the unit is connected to the computer having to dig through the directories and get rid of any file that I 'think' may need to be deleted. With the 60csx it was all done on the unit not the computer.

Or connect your GPS to your PC and use Garmin's Basecamp program. It will show you which caches are found and which not on your GPS and allow you to delete any you wish to.

I always load my PQs into Basecamp and then add the ones I want to my GPS.

I am suddenly having a very difficult time loading geocaches onto my garmin 62s. I do not know if it because of windows 10-but I can not load single goecaches on anymore...anyone if things have changed dramatically or is anyone else having a problem. I have reset my garmin back to factory sttings, deleted absolutly everything off so it should be easy to see when new ones are on and nothing goes on. Just call me frustrated

It's not a windows issue, but a browser issue. Many browsers are dropping support for NPAPI plugins, so the onus is on Garmin to develop a new plugin.

Loading PQ's into Basecamp seems like an unnecessary step when you can just unzip the PQ file directly into the GPX folder on your garmin device or SD card.

It's not a windows issue, but a browser issue. Many browsers are dropping support for NPAPI plugins, so the onus is on Garmin to develop a new plugin.

Loading PQ's into Basecamp seems like an unnecessary step when you can just unzip the PQ file directly into the GPX folder on your garmin device or SD card.

I would tend to agree as I , for one , know nothing about Basecamp.

With my older GSAK I was downloading the PQ to my desktop and then putting into GSAK.....with the newer version of GSAK the PQ download goes direct to GSAK.

No, there are Windows 10 issues that are separate from the browser issues.

This is not a Win10 issue.

I tested Garmin Communicator and it works on my computer. I use Windows 10 and Firefox 40.0.3 as the standard browser.

Because of GSAK I rarely use the plug-in and won't miss it when it's not supported anymore.