ISO: Large tree hidden cache containers

Hey folks!

I own a company that does guided trips on rivers. I'm also a Geocacher. I've got many caches hidden along the rivers but want to add some higher quality caches. They need to be able to hang in a tree. GC.com doesn't offer much outside of the bird house. So I'm looking for folks on here that might be of the creative type and would be willing to sell some of their creations. If you have something that you would like me to look at please send a message to my GC.com user name of Skillet68

Thanks in advance!

You could hang a cache from a pulley system. A fake owl/squirrel. If you make it a multi pulley system it's a bit more difficult as the cacher, after seeing the cache, would have to find the right tree/pole.... a bit further to get to the rope for lowering the cache.

You could hang a cache from a pulley system. A fake owl/squirrel. If you make it a multi pulley system it's a bit more difficult as the cacher, after seeing the cache, would have to find the right tree/pole.... a bit further to get to the rope for lowering the cache.

Yep. There is all sorts of "realistic" stuff one can buy (fake animals, fake fruit...) that one can buy and easily adapt to a geocache. With a hand drill it's usually pretty easy to drill a hole big enough to contain a bison tube, match tube, pre-form or some other container that can withstand the elements. I bought a garden statue that was a very realistic looking rabbit and stuck a plastic tube inside and it's one my most favorited caches. A lot of the logs mention how cute it is or that they "jumped" when seeing it as it looks so realistic. It helps that the cache is hidden in a spot where one might expect to see a live rabbit.

There is all sorts of "realistic" stuff one can buy (fake animals, fake fruit...) that one can buy and easily adapt to a geocache.
The floral department of craft stores can be a good place for this kind of thing, especially as we approach Thanksgiving. I've seen all sorts of fake fruit, veggies, leaves, pine cones, etc. there, not just fake flowers.
There is all sorts of "realistic" stuff one can buy (fake animals, fake fruit...) that one can buy and easily adapt to a geocache.
The floral department of craft stores can be a good place for this kind of thing, especially as we approach Thanksgiving. I've seen all sorts of fake fruit, veggies, leaves, pine cones, etc. there, not just fake flowers.

I don't know if it's still there but there used to be a *huge* fake plant store in San Jose. A large craft store or the garden department in a large big box hardware store might provide some good ideas.