Cannot create test snapshot

Zor

So up until today, I have had no issues with creating the lab caches and environment for our upcoming mega. Then today, I go to add our last cache, and noticed the Cache Trigger was new. I modified my labs to all have a cache trigger and then tried to create a test snapshot.. No go.

After I click create test snapshot, I get this error: 500 {"Message":"Question is required"}

Nothing else, and no snapshot.

I have emailed Groundspeak directly but I need to find out if this can get fixed immediately. Our mega is this Saturday and we have been heavily promoting the Lab caches as part of this event.

Prior to the addition of the Trigger, all my snapshots worked just fine.

And yes, I did add in the trigger and questions as required by each of the cache listings.

Anyone else having this issue?

Edited by Zor

Hi Zor,

There have been a few updates made to the Adventure (Lab Cache) Builder Tool this week, they include the following:

• On the Geocache Edit Page: A drop-down with trigger options (QR Code, iBeacon, Photo)

• On the Geocache Edit Page: "question to answer" following the trigger options

• On the Adventure Edit Page: Do you want to make your adventure playable offline

These updates are improvements and enhancements for future planning and will have no affect on the current Adventure you are building. In fact, you do not need to select anything or input any information in any of the three fields.

Regarding the "test snapshot", I reproduced a test snapshot this morning and did not run into any problems. You may have experienced issues with the testing due to two reasons:

• We rolled out new updates yesterday, and if you tried to test during that period you may have experienced error messages.

• The older test snapshot should be deleted before creating a new one.

I've searched our general HelpCenter inbox for your email and haven't seen it, I'll keep an eye out for it and follow-up with you through email.

The edits I did were today and the test snapshot I tried to create was today as well. In fact, I just tried it again and I am still getting the error.

I can send you the link to my adventure via email if you want.

Hi Zor,

There have been a few updates made to the Adventure (Lab Cache) Builder Tool this week, they include the following:

• On the Geocache Edit Page: A drop-down with trigger options (QR Code, iBeacon, Photo)

• On the Geocache Edit Page: "question to answer" following the trigger options

• On the Adventure Edit Page: Do you want to make your adventure playable offline

These updates are improvements and enhancements for future planning and will have no affect on the current Adventure you are building. In fact, you do not need to select anything or input any information in any of the three fields.

Regarding the "test snapshot", I reproduced a test snapshot this morning and did not run into any problems. You may have experienced issues with the testing due to two reasons:

• We rolled out new updates yesterday, and if you tried to test during that period you may have experienced error messages.

• The older test snapshot should be deleted before creating a new one.

I've searched our general HelpCenter inbox for your email and haven't seen it, I'll keep an eye out for it and follow-up with you through email.