Why is my waymark locked?

So I was looking at some of my old waymarks that have been declined over the years and I have noticed some of them are locked. When I click the edit button I get this message in red:

This waymark has been locked by the category group and can no longer be edited.

How do officers lock a waymark and how can I undo this (if it's possible)?

I do not know why your waymarks are locked.

But I know how they have been locked.

Officers can edit every waymark in their category (if their rank is permitted to do this).

They have the possibility to check a box at the end of the edit site which is labeled : 'Block original waymark poster from editing this waymark?'

If this is checked the original poster (Owner) can not edit the waymark any more.

There's only one possibility to get off: an officer of the group has to uncheck that box.

Officers can not check this boy while approving. They have to edit the waymark later.

I think this feature was created to block waymark posters to write some text that sholud not be written after the approval of the waymark ...

I have had a very simular issue. I have submitted a waymark to the Burger King Restaurants category sometime ago.

It was approved. No problem. Then I found a mistake and tried to correct it. But the waymark was blocked.

I have had to write to the officer who approved it to get it off. I don't know why the officer has blocked it.

Thanks for the clarification.