Need help contacting NY Geocacher ...

Rich in NEPA

Does anyone personally know, or know how to contact “Peteygo,” a NY cacher who placed Fraggle Rock in a section of Minnewaska S.P. in May '01? This cache was archived in March '02 based on a “Not Found” report made by a novice cacher. As you can see from the most recent logs, the cache has been located and is completely intact. I've written to the cache owner, explaining its current condition and asking to have the cache re-activated. It's been at least a week now without any response to the cache log notifications or a reply to my e-mails. This is an excellent cache hunt in a truly magnificent location, and I don't see any negative issues with its placement. It would be a shame not to have it put in play again. Perhaps someone here can help bring this matter to his attention. Thanks in advance for your assistance. Cheers ....

~Rich in NEPA~

1132_1200.jpg

=== A man with a GPS receiver knows where he is; a man with two GPS receivers is never sure. ===

I notice Peteygo logged a find quite recently, so he's still active. I'd try contacting him a second time, and if he still doesn't care to respond, and you feel the site is that good ... then go ahead and make your own page for the site leading to his abandoned cache container.

I suppose that's preferable to having the abandoned cache remain as geotrash.

I was talking to the ranger whose territory includes Minnewaska State Park and he told me he looks on this website and removes any caches he can find in his territory. He does not notify the cacher, but treats the cache as litter. He specifically said he removed at least one cache from Minnewaska State Park. This may be why the reason the cache was archived, and it could be why he does not reply. He may be afraid that you are the ranger that lurks on this site and removes caches.

quote:
Originally posted by jonboy:

This may be why the reason the cache was archived, and it could be why he does not reply. He may be afraid that you are the ranger that lurks on this site and removes caches.

If that is the case then it's a real shame. This cache is clearly doing no harm whatsoever to anyone or anything. I can assure Peteygo (and anyone else for that matter) that neither I nor Zhanna are the ranger in question. All anyone has to do it check our profiles. Thanks for the info, Jonboy. Cheers ...

~Rich in NEPA~

1132_1200.jpg

=== A man with a GPS receiver knows where he is; a man with two GPS receivers is never sure. ===

Don't know if yo uare still looking for him ....but peteygo is a local cacher ....i have not met him - but i do rememeber his disappearance last winter ..maybe he's a college student or migrates south in the winter months(his profile says he is in construction)

by the way ...i can't tell you have many times i've seen your name and today i finally realized that NEPA stands for Northeast Penn. NOT the National Environmental Policy Act ....perhaps that's why peteygo thinks you are a ranger .... are you sure you're not a masked man darting to and from cat-tail patches vowing to save every last wetland in the US, promising never to impact upon the migratory patterns of any living creature and swearing that every single blue karner butterfly has some blue lupine to eat!!!!!!!!!! icon_wink.gif (or maybe i was the only one confused icon_smile.gif)

Don't know if yo uare still looking for him ....but peteygo is a local cacher ....i have not met him - but i do rememeber his disappearance last winter ..maybe he's a college student or migrates south in the winter months(his profile says he is in construction)

by the way ...i can't tell you have many times i've seen your name and today i finally realized that NEPA stands for Northeast Penn. NOT the National Environmental Policy Act ....perhaps that's why peteygo thinks you are a ranger .... are you sure you're not a masked man darting to and from cat-tail patches vowing to save every last wetland in the US, promising never to impact upon the migratory patterns of any living creature and swearing that every single blue karner butterfly has some blue lupine to eat!!!!!!!!!! icon_wink.gif (or maybe i was the only one confused icon_smile.gif)

quote:
Originally posted by jeannine:

are you sure you're not a masked man darting to and from cat-tail patches vowing to save every last wetland in the US, promising never to impact upon the migratory patterns of any living creature and swearing that every single blue karner butterfly has some blue lupine to eat!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I can assure you he's not!!! However, that is quite an amusing image. icon_biggrin.gif

By the way, we've heard from peteygo and all is well. The cache in question, Fraggle Rock, has been un-archived... so go look for it! It's in a great spot. icon_smile.gif

~Zh~

quote:
Originally posted by jeannine:

are you sure you're not a masked man darting to and from cat-tail patches vowing to save every last wetland in the US, promising never to impact upon the migratory patterns of any living creature and swearing that every single blue karner butterfly has some blue lupine to eat!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I can assure you he's not!!! However, that is quite an amusing image. icon_biggrin.gif

By the way, we've heard from peteygo and all is well. The cache in question, Fraggle Rock, has been un-archived... so go look for it! It's in a great spot. icon_smile.gif

~Zh~

quote:
Originally posted by Rich in NEPA:

Thanks, Zh! It's vital that I maintain my secret Geocrime-fighting identity. Now I must return to the Squirrel Cave.

I will see you there when the clock strikes thirteen, with half a can of cashews in my hand and a song in my heart. Remember, the river bank makes a mighty good road. The turkey vulture has landed.

~SuperZh, in cape and costume~